CrazyBoards.org

I lost my job

I work retail, and I worked the same job five years ago. Five years ago I was manic and spunky. Now I'm not. I've been written off of the schedule because my schedule "isn't compatible with retail", however I was taken to HR because I wasn't "the same person anymore" and I was like a zombie. I was "making mistakes" and had people within the store talking to my manager about "my behavior". I call bullshit. Anyhow, I've lost my job. And I'm sad about it. Oh well, I guess I'll go back to being a full time student (I've been going part-time, and I have three kids, so I'm a busy gal. It just crushed me. I just had to vent. This disorder will really fuck with you, won't it. So will the meds that supposedly are there to "help" you. Coming to you from "zombie" me. LOL!

The government wants more people off the sick and back to work, but employers are very reluctant to employ people with long term sick such as MI. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

It sucks but at least you can use the time to focus on your studies!

Hawk

I'm sorry you lost your job.

Do you feel like you are zombified? If you feel like that is there anything you think you and your pdoc can do in terms of medication or is that not possible?

Good for you for going to school full time. It's not something I could do, especially with three kids! I think what you do is awesome.

I don't think we lose jobs because of our meds, but because of our disease. I can take every med, just like I am supposed to, but if the stress gets a little too high, I start spazzing and forgetting things, or doing things wrong. Lost 3 jobs in 12 months because of that. Can't blame it on the drugs--we even uped the Klonopin when I realized the stress was increasing,. but I still fucked up and got fired--again.

Not sure what I can do now.

china

i'm sorry. yep, definitely does feel like damned if you and damned if you don't. i wish it were easier. but it really is a silver lining that now you get to devote yourself to your studies - i hope you enjoy it - but i'm sorry about the job. stay strong.

bean

Archived