CrazyBoards.org

Stims make you tired.....

Guest batman

Is this true that stimulants like adderall can be sedating? I take 5mg once per day right now and do not notice much effect yet except that I am more tired than normal. But that could be my AD which I take in the morning as well?

Nullotrooper, do you mind if I ask if you are on adderall or another stimulant? How much? Peace.

5 mg generic adderall, 2/day, plus 25 mg desipramine, 2/day. The latter is prescribed as an AD, but as a strongly noradrenergic TCA it can also be used for ADHD. Also, caffeine as needed.

The amphetamine salts have proven to be far more helpful for keeping vasomotor rhinitis in check than anything else I've taken, so that establishes a baseline for me. I do worry a bit about tolerance. And, well, it can be a bit sedating at some dosages.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this true that stimulants like adderall can be sedating? I take 5mg once per day right now and do not notice much effect yet except that I am more tired than normal. But that could be my AD which I take in the morning as well?

Nullotrooper, do you mind if I ask if you are on adderall or another stimulant? How much? Peace.

5 mg generic adderall, 2/day, plus 25 mg desipramine, 2/day. The latter is prescribed as an AD, but as a strongly noradrenergic TCA it can also be used for ADHD. Also, caffeine as needed.

The amphetamine salts have proven to be far more helpful for keeping vasomotor rhinitis in check than anything else I've taken, so that establishes a baseline for me. I do worry a bit about tolerance. And, well, it can be a bit sedating at some dosages.

Yes, it could make you sleepy. Says so right on the patient data sheet. At times when taking it I felt like I either needed to DO SOMETHING or take a nap, but not just sit around. Weird way to feel, but that's the way I felt.

Archived