CrazyBoards.org

Is it natural or is it Zoloft?

Tell me it's the zoloft withdrawal making me feel like crap. It doesn't suck as much as getting off of Effexor. I'm cross tapering off of zoloft and on to cymbalta. This was my first day with 0 zoloft, dropping 50 mgs a week for the past three weeks. The cymbalta isn't doing anything yet, but I really hadn't expected it to, since I'm only in the 3rd week of taking it.

I had thought the zoloft wasn't doing anything, but evidently it was keeping the bad, intrusive thoughts under control. I feel like I've opened Pandora's box again.

God, this gets old.

Greeny, hang on for a few more weeks. I felt Cymbalta starting to kick in at 4-5 weeks, but I didn't feel the full effect until about 8-10 weeks. But it really is a good AD, and I hope it works for you.

olga

aww greeny, we're not med-twins anymore ;)

hold on for a bit if you can stand it-- I know you know this, but just as a reminder: the crap that we go through switching meds is allll worth it when we find one that helps.

you've gone this far-- see where it takes you since you've already gotten almost halfway in to where you can really start looking for changes. might as well have all this crap amount to something, you know?

much easier said than done, yes, but hang in there if you can.

God, this gets old.

you said it, I'm with you!

Hang in there. Cymbalta has been a godsend for me in controlling intrusive/obsessive thoughts. Not to mention it makes me feel physically relaxed and eased off body pains. I really look forward to taking my evening meds.

Hope it kicks in soon.

a.m.

Seems like many many have these controlling intrusive/ obsessive thoughts. What is the dx for this? Is there a catagory for this? Is it caused or a by-product of anxiety?

I remember speaking of this a long while back. Then I had thoughts just running amoke, not bad or evil. They were constant worrying about what others were thinking of me mostly. They just made it impossible to think or listen to ppl as they spoke. I was happier alone and well very SA too.

I remember that ppl said this was rumination.

Dusty

rumination, perseveration, intrusive thoughts...

I think most people experience this kind of thing in different ways; it's just that I wish it could be more benign, like a song stuck in my head, rather than let me die, let me die, let me die.

I'm taking another break from reading newspapers (I cut out tv news a long time ago); every time I see "suicide bomber" my mind goes off into its suicide riff, which is frustrating as hell because although the allure is intensely compelling, I have a beautiful, happy (!) son, and I took that option off the table when I decided to carry the pregnancy. I've worked really hard as a parent to break my family's generational chain of fucking up their children, and even I can see that maternal suicide is probably not a good end to that process. heh.

Therapy has helped to the extent that I know this is cyclical and it does get better. It's exhausting, though, and I'd like to have the energy to do something positive instead of just trying to exist. I'm thinking of starting talk therapy again, this time with the more realistic goal of learning how to live with this shit. And figure out a way to get out of my current career without becoming an itinerant bag lady.

I'll stop now.

Archived