CrazyBoards.org

CAN BP PERSON BE ABUSIVE

Hi folks,

Just wondering if most BP PPL can be abusive with spouse or abusive ppl can be BP.Dont want to sound offensive but i am really sad the way my bf behaves now a days.

;)

I really don't know... but I was with someone for 10 years who was undiagnosed BP until the very end and he physically and emotionally abused me everyday, from the age of 15-25. He would go into psychotic rages and take his anger out on me. When he ended up in the hospital, I felt sorry for him and would go beg them to release him. It was really a twisted relationship for me. I don't know if you can blame the abuse on the BP or not. I think you'd have to get more opinions than my own but that's my own experience.

Hi folks,

Just wondering if most BP PPL can be abusive with spouse or abusive ppl can be BP.

The set of abusive people and the set of people with bipolar disorder intersect. Neither one is identical to

or a subset of the other. Your abusive boyfriend is not representative of people with bipolar disorder.

Yet you insist on staying with this person, bipolar or not, in spite of alleged abuse. Also, I'm seeing hints

of some fairly rigid thinking in your persistent identification of the person with most or all other people

with bipolar disorder - in the face of reliable guidance to the contrary. I would suggest that

further evaluation, and maybe a different line of therapy, would help you far more than any such

would help your boyfriend.

Hi folks,

Just wondering if most BP PPL can be abusive with spouse or abusive ppl can be BP.Dont want to sound offensive but i am really sad the way my bf behaves now a days.

Well, if the multitude of posts on this BP board are any indication (and have you even read much before posting your questions?) there are a lot of BP people who are victims of abuse too.

Stop looking for 'proof' to validate your idea that BP=Abuser. Why not find out what BP is really all about before assigning blame to it?

yes, he can. BP and abusive are 2 separate things and can coexist, if that is your question.

does BP = abuse? No. don't even think it.

;) thanks for giving me right words ,coexist is the possibility ,thats what i was asking.

p.s- i in no way want to hurt any one here

But you keep raising this, and keep saying the same thing. We're not hurt, we're a little insulted and annoyed. The question has been answered several times over now - perhaps start moving on to asking questions about why you're staying with this guy. The fact that he's bipolar isn't the issue here. It's his abusive behaviour. Yes, a bipolar diagnosis and abusiveness can coexist, but they're not inextricably linked. Please stop the constant implications that they are! You're not going to get any help from us as long as you keep doing this!

My apologies, I was rather tired last night, and didn't give quite the impressions I intended to make.

Quit fucking talking to us about your boyfriend. Have him see a fucking professional, if it's that bad. He's abusive? Get the fuck out of the relationship. Is there a way I could make that clearer?

We're not here to hold your hand. ALL of us, every single one of us, is struggling to make it through every day. We struggle with MI, we struggle with meds, and any humor posted here is a well-deserved *triumph* over the hell we go through. As LR said on another thread, this is first person... don't expect us to help you with a partner. Go check books out of the library and read. Plus the internet's a good source for information. There are support groups out there... have you even checked?

You're not annoying me, you're not insulting me... you're quite frankly pissing me off.

GO. TO. A. PROFESSIONAL.

Hi folks,

;)

ALL people can be abusive with spouse, and some abusive ppl are BP. There is no cause/effect relationship here.

Hi folks,

Just wondering if most black PPL can be abusive with spouse or abusive ppl can be black. Don't want to sound offensive but i am really sad the way my bf behaves now a days.

You see how offensive that is, yes?

I bitch-slapped my husband in the face with a piping hot slice of pizza. I tend to do that to people who piss me off and then blame them for their own stupidity. Is this what you want to hear?

Uses ignant....and if you didn't MEAN to sound offensive, then why did you?

baaaaahahahaha!! Pizza as weaponry!!! DG I LURVE it!

look ... before i got on a mood stabilizer ... i had WICKED bad rages that sure seem to have been irritable hypo/mania. i am so detached from them now it's almost impossible to fully get my mind around them enough to be sure. my pdoc was pretty sure i was somewhere on the BP spectrum (I haven't seen her in awhile cuz she dropped my insurance). when i had these "episodes" i was abusive. alcohol in the form of self medication made it worse. now that i am on meds that squelch these episodes i am no longer abusive.

so. the bottom line here is I was abusive, and now, on a mood stabilizer, I am not. thus said, i think there are some particular conclusions logic would lead one to.

is is wrong for k to assume her bf is BP because he is abusive? yes

is it wrong for k to try and dx him herself? yes

is it annoying as hell to read all caps, bad grammar, and ignorant questions? yes

but should we turn around and jump all over her shit just because she is trying to find out some information?

everyone is going all "first person site" but there are plenty of long time members here who are not MI themselves.

maybe we should all step back a second and ask ourselves why the hell she is pushing our buttons so bad?

we can't control other people's behaviors, all we can control are our reactions to them.

and what about the theme song to this place?

Use the ignore button!

idk. i'm late to this party, and i am not gonna get into a pissing match over this shit as i have done in the past.

maybe i missed what pissed everyone off so bad, but it just looked kinda funky coming into it where i did.

so, me and my big mouth needed to say something.

we all know where that has gotten me in the past.

some things i guess i will never learn

Red's post says it all.

i'm shutting up now.

I bitch-slapped my husband in the face with a piping hot slice of pizza.

dg, you rule! :)

i mean, bad girl. don't ever do that again. :)

da bean

LOL - couldn't help myself ^_^ But I SWEAR, I'll never do it again (provided evil pdoc never gives me bad meds again, ahem ;) ).

BTW: totally off topic, but I get to see *my* bean tomorrow - so very excited :P .

Archived