CrazyBoards.org

Xanax, klonopin, ativan?

Guest newaddguy

Guest newaddguy

I just started adderall and I might be amazed that after many many docs this one came up with the right diagnosis. I use kloonopin now but she think xanax long lasting is good.

Anyone try them both? Ativan works good at night to get you to that tired spot quick. but doesn't work as good for the anxiety like klonopin. only tried xanax years ago and briefly, wondering what to expect.

Xanax is probably the stronger acting of the three. We have a dosage comparison chart pinned above in this forum. However xanax is a little more likely to be abused. Long term, many docs will shift patients to Ativan or Klonopin. I haven't tried the latter two. In Xanax I prefer the XR (extended release) formulation, since it keeps a nice steady blood level, and I don't have the 4 hour roller coaster. It lasts about 12 -14 hours.

Good luck, and Welcome! Feel free to post. PM any of the mods if you need help. We have a live chat room, too.

a.m.

Is the XR less addicting, AM? I had a horrible time with addiction to just the plain ol' xanax, dosage had to keep being upped, due to increasing tolerance. Getting off of it was an absolute nightmare. but that's just my opinion, there are plenty of people who LOVE it.

Right now I'm taking klonopin, and I have to take several for it to really kick in and WORK. I'll be asking for ativan next time I go in.

Archived