CrazyBoards.org

Corepharma vs. Barr Gen. adderall differences?

KG85

I just got this script filled and saw the bottle contains these new generic 5mg IR tabs which I have never taken before. These are made by Corepharma whereas the past ones I was taking were made by Barr.

Anyone tried both of these and noticed any kind of difference?

I remember many years ago complaining to my doc that the generic didnt seem to be helping as much when he switched me off the brand stuff but he told me I was making this up because I wanted to sell it and that there is absolutely no recognizable difference between the two. I now know hes an ignorant a-hole now, but anyway I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the two generics, or maybe theres more than two?

• 3 months later...

I'm in the same boat. Walgreens switched generics, and when I asked if I could get a hold of the Generics under Barr, they said no because they didn't re-sign a contract with Barr. For me the biggest difference is the fact that it barely works (Core version), I feel like I'm dragging my feet all day, and then at 4pm I get a crashing headache. I become virutally useless, and too tired to do much else.

After doing a thorough investigation as to the differences, I determined that that CorePharma is a cheap-cheap company, they website is plain, and they don't list their drugs anywhere.

I'm wondering if walgreens is switching to a bunch of cheap pharmacueticals and being too careless about the product.

I can say that the biggest difference between Shire & Barr is that Shire has .4mg more in it then does Barr (probably for patent reasons) Barr also adds an 11th ingedient. I'm still curious to see the ingredients list of the CorePharma (can't seem to find it yet)

Shire Ingreidients are: Patent No# 6384020

d-Amphetamine Sulfated,l-Amphetamine Aspartated-Amphetamine Saccharated,l-Amphetamine SulfateFD&C Aluminum Lake Blue#1LactitolLactitol (not a type)Microcrystalline CelluloseColloidal Silicon DioxideMagnesium Stearate

Barr's Ingreidents:

Dextroamphetamine SaccharateAmphetamine AspartateDextroamphetamine SulfateAmphetamine Sulfatecolloidal silicon dioxidecompressible sugarcorn starchmagnesium stearatemicrocrystalline cellulosesaccharin sodiumFDC yellow no. 6 aluminum lake

Reference Links:

freepatentsonline.comDuramed & Barrhttp://www.barrlabs.com/CorePharmahttp://www.corepharma.com/

Core???? Anyone care to dig around for them?

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&amp...pharma+adderall

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest Trishy

For a whole year I took Barr adderall and then I switched to Walgreens and took corepharma adderall for 6 months. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE and you know what, BARR actually seemed to effect me better. Needless to say, I am back on the Barr brand adderall lol

I just got this script filled and saw the bottle contains these new generic 5mg IR tabs which I have never taken before. These are made by Corepharma whereas the past ones I was taking were made by Barr.

I remember many years ago complaining to my doc that the generic didnt seem to be helping as much when he switched me off the brand stuff but he told me I was making this up because I wanted to sell it and that there is absolutely no recognizable difference between the two. I now know hes an ignorant a-hole now, but anyway I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the two generics, or maybe theres more than two?

• 6 months later...
Guest grabber68

Where to start, I'm so phucking irritable right now, I don't know how I'm typing :(

Long story short, never took a pill in my life til I was 30, I have a kid w autism and I love her with all my heart but, she was driving me crazy thru no fault of her own, so, doc put me on 40mg of Prozac,

been taking this for 3 yrs, works OK, keeps me from crying due to stress and lack of sleep w my daughter.

Anyhoo, I also have RX for Adderall, not for ADD but chronic fatigue. I loved it, been taking it for about 2 yrs now.

I get my rx filled at walgreens, I went last month and got these God awful pills made by CorePharma, bright pink 20mg) OMG! What a nightmare! I feel like shit! No energy, moody, irritable, I don't even like myself!

I have the most HORRIBLE headaches behind my eyes and temples that are so painful I want to gouge my eyes out with a fork. PLUS, I can't sleep, can't concentrate, feel like I'm jumping our of my skin, I don't wanna talk to anyone or

do anything. What in the hell is going on? My husband has noticed and said I am a total different person.

Nothing in my life has changed other than these damn pink pills.

I just called my family doc bc I'm switching therapists and don't have appt w her til Jan 17th. I know so many people lie and abuse meds and that makes it hard for people like me who have a legit problem. She is going to think I am full of shit, I'm sure, but, at least it's worth a try to ask her to write me another RX and write brand name only on it?!

I have rx for xanax, I never take it but, I tried last night bc I was shaking and crying so badly I wanted to calm down.

.....then I read you are not supposed to mix them together...........all I want is to feel "normal and function" not looking to get high or abuse anything, I just want to take care of my children and function like a human :(

Any help appreciated.

tx for allowing me to rant. I am just at the end and don't know what to do :(

Where to start, I'm so phucking irritable right now, I don't know how I'm typing :(

Long story short, never took a pill in my life til I was 30, I have a kid w autism and I love her with all my heart but, she was driving me crazy thru no fault of her own, so, doc put me on 40mg of Prozac,

been taking this for 3 yrs, works OK, keeps me from crying due to stress and lack of sleep w my daughter.

Anyhoo, I also have RX for Adderall, not for ADD but chronic fatigue. I loved it, been taking it for about 2 yrs now.

I get my rx filled at walgreens, I went last month and got these God awful pills made by CorePharma, bright pink 20mg) OMG! What a nightmare! I feel like shit! No energy, moody, irritable, I don't even like myself!

I have the most HORRIBLE headaches behind my eyes and temples that are so painful I want to gouge my eyes out with a fork. PLUS, I can't sleep, can't concentrate, feel like I'm jumping our of my skin, I don't wanna talk to anyone or

do anything. What in the hell is going on? My husband has noticed and said I am a total different person.

Nothing in my life has changed other than these damn pink pills.

I just called my family doc bc I'm switching therapists and don't have appt w her til Jan 17th. I know so many people lie and abuse meds and that makes it hard for people like me who have a legit problem. She is going to think I am full of shit, I'm sure, but, at least it's worth a try to ask her to write me another RX and write brand name only on it?!

I have rx for xanax, I never take it but, I tried last night bc I was shaking and crying so badly I wanted to calm down.

.....then I read you are not supposed to mix them together...........all I want is to feel "normal and function" not looking to get high or abuse anything, I just want to take care of my children and function like a human :(

Any help appreciated.

tx for allowing me to rant. I am just at the end and don't know what to do :(

i totally get it RXMAMA but i have the same reaction to the orange Barr manufacturer adderall as you do the pink. ive been on the pink since may 2010 and they have done wonders for me. beginning of jan i go get my script refilled at walgreens and they arent carrying them anymore, they gave me the orange Barr ones. i have since broke out in hives, which is wonderful considering my job is in media, having horrid migraines like vertigo is setting in, cant get to sleep but im exhausted 24/7, they just plain ole make me feel like utter crapola, zombie like! ive called my doctor and got no response back yet and im quickly getting behind at work, being late because of how drowsy and spacey they make me and my mood swings are thru the roof.. i'd imagine lack of sleep and getting behind on work have a hand in my frustrations but the pink ones never did this to me... and i have no idea where i would go to find them for next month or if the doctor re-writes my script... i hope your doc is understanding and you get it resolved... best of luck to you and yours...

don't worry too much about taking the xanax w/them. i do it daily and my doc scribed them both to me, the combo helps me relax and focus ..works wonders (when i have right gen. brand of adderall). everyones chemical make-up is different though.

• 1 month later...

There is an affect on the body's absorption of Adderall into the urinary tract depending on the urinary tract being too ACIDIC or more ALKALINE. If the Urinary tract is ACIDIC the Adderall does not absorb quickly and could make you fell sluggish and tired. I see this benefiting Hyper Activity (HA) to slow you down. On the other hand when the urinary track is LESS ACIDIC and MORE ALKALINE it lets the body absorb the Adderall faster thus making you more alert and have more energy benefiting those with Attention Deficit (AD). I used to take BARR but now I like CorePharma better because I think Barr has more filler and tastes too sweet like they put sugar in it. Sugar is acidic to the body. CorePharma is a tighter more compact pill and seems to work for me better than BARR which makes me feel sluggish and foggy. BTW I take 1 or 2 of the 30mg pills a day. This affect made me eat alkaline producing foods like veggies and fruits(Alkaline Ash) because I wanted more energy and it works. Meats and breads makes your body create more Acid to breakdows those foods.. .. search for THE ACID/ALKALINE FOOD LIST to see what foods may be helpful to maintain a good balance of ACID to ALKALINE in the urinary tract. The labels on Adderall mention that certain foods can affect you differently but they don't state why. My Doctor had no clue about Adderall diet affects but now she does from what I've told her about my research. Be careful and start slowly because too much amp can cause heart problems and anxiety. It took me 3 months to figure it out. I lost 50lbs down to 160lbs (5'7 male) since I found the solution to feeling good with Adderall. I hope this helps.

It's really not that uncommon for people to have different responses to different brands/generics. It shouldn't be a problem to get your doctor to rewrite the script, specifying a brand. If your doctor is concerned that you're either hoarding meds, or going through them too quickly, you could offer to bring her the pills you won't be taking when you pick up the script.

There is an affect on the body's absorption of Adderall into the urinary tract depending on the urinary tract being too ACIDIC or more ALKALINE. If the Urinary tract is ACIDIC the Adderall does not absorb quickly and could make you fell sluggish and tired. I see this benefiting Hyper Activity (HA) to slow you down. On the other hand when the urinary track is LESS ACIDIC and MORE ALKALINE it lets the body absorb the Adderall faster thus making you more alert and have more energy benefiting those with Attention Deficit (AD). I used to take BARR but now I like CorePharma better because I think Barr has more filler and tastes too sweet like they put sugar in it. Sugar is acidic to the body. CorePharma is a tighter more compact pill and seems to work for me better than BARR which makes me feel sluggish and foggy. BTW I take 1 or 2 of the 30mg pills a day. This affect made me eat alkaline producing foods like veggies and fruits(Alkaline Ash) because I wanted more energy and it works. Meats and breads makes your body create more Acid to breakdows those foods.. .. search for THE ACID/ALKALINE FOOD LIST to see what foods may be helpful to maintain a good balance of ACID to ALKALINE in the urinary tract. The labels on Adderall mention that certain foods can affect you differently but they don't state why. My Doctor had no clue about Adderall diet affects but now she does from what I've told her about my research. Be careful and start slowly because too much amp can cause heart problems and anxiety. It took me 3 months to figure it out. I lost 50lbs down to 160lbs (5'7 male) since I found the solution to feeling good with Adderall. I hope this helps.

Do I need to go through this and individually point out everything that's wrong with it or is everybody pretty much clear on the fact that it's from another planet without any extra assistance?

Do I need to go through this and individually point out everything that's wrong with it or is everybody pretty much clear on the fact that it's from another planet without any extra assistance?

Keep in mind some of this appears in the PI:

Acidifying Agents

Gastrointestinal acidifying agents (e.g., guanethidine, reserpine, glutamic acid HCl, ascor-

bic acid) lower absorption of amphetamines. Urinary acidifying agents (e.g., ammonium

chloride, sodium acid phosphate, methenamine salts) increase the concentration of the

ionized species of the amphetamine molecule, thereby increasing urinary excretion.

Both groups of agents lower blood levels and efficacy of amphetamines.

Why not express your opinions or info on what you think is wrong with it? Just your general points. I understand you probably repeat yourself many times in your 10,000+ posts since being a member or Administrator since 2005 but I prefer not searching through all of them. Did I only repeat what you've been saying all this time and you're frustrated, or was I so way off that you felt compelled to be sarcastic and not dignify it with a response? I am curious what you think about the differences between Pharmaceutical company’s versions of Adderall and it's affect on the body? It might help me and others understand it even further. Also, please explain your profound comment about it being from another planet? Is there a mass conspiracy we should be aware of or are those among us "NOTW" (Not of This World) making plans for world domination? :) haha, jk! Thanks for listening!

Since you insist

1. Effect not affect.

2. Amphetamine is not absorbed in the urinary tract, making most of the rest of what you say wrong.

3. Random use of all-caps

4. Some people find stimulants sedating so your universal claim that they give everyone more energy is false.

5. Hyperactivity is one word and I've never seen it abbreviated HA

6. Your claim that Barr has sweet filler that makes it more acidic is completely unsubstantiated and rather absurd.

7. If it was a pure sugar pill it wouldn't change your stomach ph (not urinary tract) enough to effect absorption.

8. Substances are just alkaline or acidic, not "alkaline producing"

8. Fruits are generally acidic and therefore lower your stomach ph and have a negative effect on amphetamine absorption.

6. Once again, WTF does the urinary tract have to do with anything? By the time anything reaches your urinary tract your body is done with it, it's waste, it's not going to have any effect on you what-so-ever unless you're worried about an infection or something.

Here's the deal. If your stomach is too acidic, it has a negative effect on absorption. Avoid citrus within an hour of taking your stimulants. Grapefruit is particularly bad because it contains a substance whose name I can't remember right now. The same substance is found in Earl Gray tea.

Making your stomach too alkaline by taking heartburn medications can have the opposite effect and boost absorption causing the medication to be absorbed too quickly with a slight risk of overdose or cardiac problems.

Grapefruit is particularly bad because it contains a substance whose name I can't remember right now. The same substance is found in Earl Gray tea.

I can never remember it either: I had to look it up. Furanocoumarins, one of which is bergamottin.

Although now going far off topic, when I began Zoloft, my doc told me NO grapefruit juice and that is more or less the advice on Mednet

administration of grapefruit juice with susceptible drugs should be separated by 24 or more hours to avoid the interaction. Since this is not practical for individuals who are taking a medication daily, they should not consume grapefruit juice when taking medications that are affected by grapefruit juice.

The grapefruit juice-drug interaction can lead to unpredictable and hazardous levels of certain important drugs.

These are medications with which grapefruit juice should NOT be consumed unless advised by a doctor:

* Statins (cholesterol drugs): lovastatin (Mevacor), atorvastatin Lipitor, simvastatin Zocor, simvastatin/ezetimibe (Vytorin)

* Antihistamines: fexofenadine (Allegra), (terfenadine (Seldane), taken off the U.S. market

* Calcium channel blockers (blood pressure drugs): nimodipine (Nimotop), felodipine (Nitrendipine, Plendil), nisoldipine (Sular), nicardipine (Cardene), verapamil (Verelan)

* Psychiatric medications: buspirone (BuSpar), triazolam (Halcion), carbamazepine (Tegretol), diazepam (Valium), midazolam (Versed), sertraline (Zoloft)

* Intestinal medications: cisapride (Propulsid) taken off the U.S. market

* Immune suppressants: cyclosporine (Neoral), (tacrolimus) Prograf

* Pain medications: Methadone

* Impotence drug: (erectile dysfunction): sildenafil (Viagra)

* HIV medication: saquinavir (Invirase, Fortovase)

* Antiarrhythmics: amiodarone (Cordarone), disopyramide (Norpace)

FWIW