CrazyBoards.org

Hallucinations keep gettin worse... more realisticand i am struggling majorly. i'm getting to a point where i don't know whats real and whats not. i'm just in this constant fog. I just can't go to the hospital. its not an option. i need to see this new psychiatrist. March 17th.. I'm going to call and see if I can get in sooner tomorrow. any suggestions on getting in touch with reality?

Guest darkbrown
Hallucinations keep gettin worse... more realisticand i am struggling majorly. i'm getting to a point where i don't know whats real and whats not. i'm just in this constant fog. I just can't go to the hospital. its not an option. i need to see this new psychiatrist. March 17th.. I'm going to call and see if I can get in sooner tomorrow. any suggestions on getting in touch with reality?

hey febreeze,

if you just can't fight the hallucinations right now, is there a way you can be safe where you are? sometimes when i'm really out of it (if i can catch myself &recognize the signs before i get really loopy), i leave myself a note (or notes) before i "take off" where i can remind myself of whats going on& write myself a few ideas of things to do to manage being in an altered state for awhile, in a safe way. sometimes i can at least partially ground myself by listening to music or spending time outside. sometimes i just take a bath (if it seems like a good idea) or take a nap, it's amazing, but sometimes just lying down and breathing for an hour really helps take the edge off.

i don't know if this would work for you, but it helps me alot. i can't always do much about wandering off inside my head, but i can try to minimize the scarey stuff.

good luck in your struggle. you are not alone.

darkbrown

Archived