CrazyBoards.org

Hi again,

Well its been about 10 months since my sons psychotic break. I have done everything I have been told to do by mental health clinics. The latest psychiatrist is too scared to give medication to my son because he has weird reactions. She found a way to get him into UCLA. Its supposed to be one of the best places he can go, but of course I'm all scared about putting him in there. Its like I'm loosing it. I cant F*(&Y* believe the hell that we are going through. I actually busted my son out of a real bad hospital that was abusing patients, No kidding! I would move mountains for him, but what the hell is wrong with me that I cant admit defeat and do whats right?

He even tells me himself that I don't know what I'm doing, but then he also belives living in the streets will cure him. I morn the loss of my son every damn day! He is my heart. So should I suck it up and let UCLA get him, or should I try another PDOC? Please, help me out! I'm a wreck.

Thanks

The hospital is the best place for your son to be. Be pleased that you are able to place him in such a world renowned treatment center.

It's normal to be sad for your sons illness, and that you can't fix him yourself. But you are clinging much too tightly, and looking for reasons to reject treatment for him.

You need to find either a support group for yourself, or get a therapist for yourself to help you work through this difficult time.!!!!

best, a.m.

Hi,

I took my son to another hospital a few months ago and it was real bad. I got him out of there, Thank God. I'm petrified of locking him up, and that they might kill him, or another patient might get to him in there. I'm so scared of making the wrong decision, that he is not getting what he needs. I wish I had someone to go with me to the hospital so I don't scare my son to death! When he became sick we lost all of our friends, and even family. I'm so alone in this, and depression has got me bad. Thats why I asked for support from all of you. You have been where he is and you can tell me what he needs better than anyone.

Thank You

(((Erika)))

UCLA won't be like that other hospital. I'm sorry you had that experience and that you lost friends and family. We'll support you here, but if you can find a support group or therapy for you, that would be good.

You and your son both sound pretty close to collapse and as much as I am terrified of the hospital sometimes it is the only place to be for the psychotically disturbed to get stabilized onto a med regime that's going to work. I would go with UCLA.

you need peace of mind and your son needs treatment

I wish all the best for you and I understand your fears about the hospital

as confused said, we are here to listen and offer advice

blackbird x

Guest Guest_lathern_*

Erika, I am in a situation something like yours. My son drinks on top of psychosis. I suspect the alcohol makes the psychosis easier to live with. I had to get a protective order and he is not in jail again. He spends most of his time in jail. When he is released he draws his disability check out of the bank and checks into a motel and drinks until his money is goine, usualy 8 or 9 days. Then he takes a taxi back to my house without money to pay the taxi. I call the police and they then take him to jail for a month or so. He is not a criminal but the mental health laws being what they are there is no where else for him to go. when he is admited to a the mental ward a the VA,he is released in a few days. It's good and natural that you care for your son. Me too but in order to go on living I haver to protect my self. My son may some time decide to help himself. It happens. I'll be there for him when he does. Meanwhile I have made arrangements to leave him some money in care of a trustee when I die. I hope you are one of those who has a happy ending.

Your friend

Lathern

Hi again,

Well its been about 10 months since my sons psychotic break. I have done everything I have been told to do by mental health clinics. The latest psychiatrist is too scared to give medication to my son because he has weird reactions. She found a way to get him into UCLA. Its supposed to be one of the best places he can go, but of course I'm all scared about putting him in there. Its like I'm loosing it. I cant F*(&Y* believe the hell that we are going through. I actually busted my son out of a real bad hospital that was abusing patients, No kidding! I would move mountains for him, but what the hell is wrong with me that I cant admit defeat and do whats right?

He even tells me himself that I don't know what I'm doing, but then he also belives living in the streets will cure him. I morn the loss of my son every damn day! He is my heart. So should I suck it up and let UCLA get him, or should I try another PDOC? Please, help me out! I'm a wreck.

Thanks

Apparently the psychiatric facility at UCLA must be quite good because that is the same hospital to which Britney Spears was admitted. If it's good enough for a wealthy Hollywood entertainer, I'd go myself right now and I'm actually feeling rather well at this moment.

Archived