CrazyBoards.org

so i used to take regular depakote, then the pdoc switched me to ER, now they call in regular depakote. same strength tho. ok something right.

but still, wtf?

i'm thinking there is probably no big difference between the two, except maybe, with the non extended release i won't be so spacey during the day, and it will help me sleep better (which is always an issue, the not sleeping that is), due to the fact that it hits all at once?

thoughts?

anyone?

anyone?

bueller?

gods why does everything always have to be so frikkin complicated?

well gee ....

I do sleep better, fall asleep more quickly, and wake up clearer, and stay clearer throughout the day.

If there are other differences ... i dunno ...

but this is better for me.

why the pdoc ever switched me is a mystery.

Well the regular Depakote is going to hit your system pretty much at once, with maximum side effects immediately and then taper off in dosage and effect through the day. Advantage, you might use it at bedtime to help with sleep (for example). Disadvantage: 18 hours later, your mania may not be under quite so good control.

The advantage of the Extended Release forms is that they keep a steadier dose in your blood stream so that you get better control of symptoms and possibly lower level of side effects, since the blood level doesn't spike.

Whatever works best for you. Just let your pdoc know.

cheers, a.m.

well here we are kids and the irritability is not so greatly in check, and i am bubbling ragey, and this is not good.

ayup, looks like maybe the ER is what i need to have again.

thanks for the info AM.

and um. nice corset Maddy. ;)

Archived