CrazyBoards.org

Note, purely to myself. (I post notes to myself on the 'net and let google index them 'cos I can never find anything on my desk...)

Next time I'm feeling suicidal..... I'm taking life way too seriously.

Collect the three or more things making most miserable and say "WHO GIVES A SHIT!" to them.

Collect the three or more reasons why I can't do something and say "F*CK THAT! WHO GIVES A SHIT! LIFE REALLY REALLY ISN'T THAT IMPORTANT."

Tickle random beings, blow more raspberries, grin like a chesire cat when somebody demands something of me I can't give.

Take brain off hook and go... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrr

to life the universe and everything.

Tickles my funny bone to think that maybe the answer to feeling suicidal is to realize that life isn't so important.

Ok, I'll shut up now and go away.

Note, purely to myself. (I post notes to myself on the 'net and let google index them 'cos I can never find anything on my desk...)

Collect the three or more things making most miserable and say "WHO GIVES A SHIT!" to them.

Collect the three or more reasons why I can't do something and say "F*CK THAT! WHO GIVES A SHIT! LIFE REALLY REALLY ISN'T THAT IMPORTANT."

Tickle random beings, blow more raspberries, grin like a chesire cat when somebody demands something of me I can't give.

Take brain off hook and go... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrr

to life the universe and everything.

Tickles my funny bone to think that maybe the answer to feeling suicidal is to realize that life isn't so important.

Ok, I'll shut up now and go away.

don't shut up and go away. just let us borrow the posted note when we need it too mkay?

;)

it feels good to find that part in us that can fight it sometimes, huh.

good for you!

don't shut up and go away. just let us borrow the posted note when we need it too mkay?

;)

You're welcome. :-) Your mileage may vary, contents may settle during transit, made on an assembly line that's a trifle nutty, not for use in operating a nuclear facility....

it feels good to find that part in us that can fight it sometimes, huh.

good for you!

I've cycled "up" for a day or two. And while I'm up I'm looking around to try see what it is in the mental landscape thats fundamentally different from "down".

This struck me as one of the main features, "Up" people shrug their shoulders and say "tough titty" to a far larger class of things. When I'm down, these things loom and oppress me. Exact same things, exact same risks and threatened consequences, when "up" I say, "Who gives a shit", when I'm down they seem insurmountable and unbearable.

The leverage point to me seems if life has become so valueless that I want to discard it, I should first discard the alleged "value" in all these things I feel are so threatened.

Does it work?

Dunno.

Haven't cycled down yet....

Sandune, you're doing exactly what I do. I've compressed it into this mantra: "In the cosmic scheme of things, how important is it?"

"It" could be a course that was failed, or a car that was totaled or a souffl

"Next time I'm feeling suicidal..... I'm taking life way too seriously."

great oxymoron! It seems too easy though. Do you think that would work? If you were a bit disinhibited would you maybe just do it? I would think that this would be a little dangerous. Unless you can differentiate and say to yourself that maybe the issue isn't worth it, but you are.

I just came across some interesting stuff on "depressive realism". Are any of you guys familiar with this concept? Here's a link; http://icatchit.com/node/129

check it out...maybe the depressives have the inability to lie to themselves about what is going on, whereas those of us who aren't depressed are simply better liears ... we lie to ourselves by utilizing "cognitive bias". I think this is intriguing and would make for an interesting couple of sessions with a few of my folks...(people who could handle it of course...this would definitely not be appropriate for all people...)

Anyhow, good post. thanks for sharing!

GD-

great oxymoron! It seems too easy though. Do you think that would work? If you were a bit disinhibited would you maybe just do it? I would think that this would be a little dangerous. Unless you can differentiate and say to yourself that maybe the issue isn't worth it, but you are.

I just came across some interesting stuff on "depressive realism". Are any of you guys familiar with this concept?

Yip, I'm very aware of the depressive realism thing. (Although there is some fine print on that which I can't remember off hand.)

What I'm saying is a somewhat orthogonal to that. I'm not saying "go forth and delude thyself", that just won't work for me. I'm saying if my mind wishes to discard itself... then it is rational to elect to discard other things first.

Starting with anything that is depressing me!

The realism bit probably means I'm right to be deeply concerned about various "serious" issues.

The perspective given by near death is... Once you're dead, none of this is going to matter to you..., so lets start doing a bit of that "nothing matters" stuff a tad early....Which hopefully will have the paradoxical effect of simulating the attitude and behaviour of the undepressed.

The perspective given by near death is... Once you're dead, none of this is going to matter to you..., so lets start doing a bit of that "nothing matters" stuff a tad early....Which hopefully will have the paradoxical effect of simulating the attitude and behaviour of the undepressed.

that's brilliant.

i love it.

;)

BTW...damm you get up early!

No I don't, but then I don't sleep much... Typically go to sleep about 1 to 3 am in the morning wake 7am.

Your problem is you're probably about 6-9 hours ahead of me and a day behind. (Which tells you more or less which side of the planet I'm on.)

Ok... so I've cycled down again. Sigh! Last week was a Good Week. I spent an unusually large length of time "up".

Now I'm down, does past me's advice help any?

Hmm.

Sort of.... I'm still depressed, I still deeply wish I was just dead.

But at least I feel I can shovel off all and any shit that the expectations of society, social group and self place on me.

That makes me feel slightly....lighter.

Oh yes, while we're on the subject of inter-time self-communication... here is a handy web site...

It let's you send email to a [link=http://www.futureme.org/" target="_blank]Future Self.[/link]

Archived