CrazyBoards.org

I don't know what to call this...

So. I keep getting these like... bumps.... they look kinda like a big hive. I get like 3 of them on one side of my face and my whole face turns red splotchy and itchy on nights I get really stressed/high anxiety.... now when I have allergies, my neck is affected, but my face never is, and I've never understood why certain parts of my body weren't affected. but on nights when I'm really stressed/high anxiety, they get the allergy like symptoms, when I eat allergy free foods (now I'm also getting my allergy symptoms on other parts of my body too, because I think I have another allergy, or consequently today because I ate a food I'm allergic to). Can anxiety really cause this type of reaction?

I break out in random hives and patches of exzema myself. Benadryl calms the hives down if they're severe, so I figure they're allergy related. I've never been able to figure out the cause. As for the patches of exzema (might be what you're describing?), I treat that with mild, OTC cortisone cream. Maybe you could try that.

Zip

When I get really stressed out or embarrassed, I get red splotches and bumps on my face. I assume it's anxiety related. I got this awesome moisturizer that helps a lot, it's "Aveeno ultra-calming" stuff. I guess it's intended for really sensitive skin. If I slather it on when the rash starts it doesn't last as long or itch as much. Hope that helps a little.

Whenever I am very stressed or blocking the urge to strangle a co-worker, I get one almost square hive on my right cheek. Always in exactly the same spot. It is followed by general itchiness all over my face. Can't explain it.

Archived