CrazyBoards.org

going go to cold turkey off lamictal and klonopin

I'm really freakin'. I am still at my new job. Haven't gotten fired yet. I ordered my rx's of lamictal and klonopin. lamictal 2 weeks ago and klonopin last week. my pdoc only works mon-wed. so if the nurse's drag their asses and don't talk to her then, i am screwed. like now. i am almost out of pills and i will be at work when i am going cold turkey off 350 mg. of lamictal and 1.5 mg of klonopin. i am so scared. i don't know what will happen. but i expect it will be bad. my anxiety is now through the roof about my anxiety. does that make sense? anybody know if i might keel over and die or have tonic-clonic seizures or flip out (which, incidentally how i got fired from another job)??

I don't take as much Lamictal as you, but I've missed up to two days worth and didn't have an seizures. I don't take klonopin, so I can't say about that. I say you call the doc's office and start acting stark raving mad NOW - with THEM - so that they perform and you can stop worrying - but that's just me, and well, I'm CRAZY ;) .

I'm sorry this is stressing you out so much - yes, your stress is increasing your anxiety and it makes complete and perfect sense. What kinds of things can you do (besides taking your meds) to calm your stress? Do you have any relaxation techniques that you use? Now would be a good time for those. If you don't everyone around here has lots of good ideas on that front - I have some I use and I've learned a ton of new ones being here.

I hope you get it straightened out soon, bc I was thinking, gee, that Melly-Mel has been quiet, so that must mean she's doing really well - good for her! Hugs babes!

Hi,

If I know that I'm going to run out, I start splitting my doses so I can get more days of medicine, and at least a little bit of a ramp down.

Just a week or so ago my pdoc screwed-up and I went without Lexapro for four days (total cold turkey). It sucked big time, but I braced myself because I new it was coming and weathered the storm. I got through it by attempting to meditate, taking Benadryl (helps me sleep), and medicating with a little alcohol (of course I can't recommend this, as it is irresponsible). Oh, and I made a pledge to cut myself some slack, which helped.

Oh yeah, I have a new job too, and it extra-sucked to be at work feeling kind of sick and paranoid, but I got through it -- and no one knew.

I think you'll be okay

-- B

Thanks guys. I go to a county mental health place so i can't talk to pdocs. I have to call and leave a msg. on a nurse's voice mail. It only takes them a week or so to get back to me. If i'm lucky. bleh.

Would hysterical messages help? Can I call and pretend to be your boss or your daughter or your mother and scream that you need your meds bc you're freaking out? I'd do this in fabulous style...my hubby calls me "the heavy"...I'm the one who has to beat people up to do the right thing...and he tells me that I like it and I'm good at it...sometimes, you can't argue with someone who knows you better than you know yourself ;) .

I'd never considered Bumble's advice before - thanks for posting this...I tend to make mistakes abou getting my meds before I run out, so it's a good idea to me to have at least a little bit in than going completely off...not that I want to make a habit of it, but's a great emergency plan - so Thanks!

Yay! the nice pharmacist called the pharmacutical co. and they authorized giveign me a 15 day supply for free until i get my 3 mo. supply. and my tdoc took me into the nurse's office and had them immediatiely take my new script to the pharm and i got both my rx's on the exact day i ran out. whew! what a relief. someone must be watching out for me. thank for the support. melissa

Yay! the nice pharmacist called the pharmacutical co. and they authorized giveign me a 15 day supply for free until i get my 3 mo. supply. and my tdoc took me into the nurse's office and had them immediatiely take my new script to the pharm and i got both my rx's on the exact day i ran out. whew! what a relief. someone must be watching out for me. thank for the support. melissa

thank goodness!

I've been in that situation before (except it was the holidays and the pharmicist LOST all of my prescriptions..my entire record of them. period. AAAARGH. but I'm over it now, right? lol)

went three days without lamictal, wellbutrin xl, and zoloft.

went nutso. hysterical sobbing/screaming/etc. but no seizures (yay!).

took about a month to get back on track,

I'm very very glad that you were able to get your meds!

yay for helpful pharmacists and tdocs, that's awesome that they have your back.

m

Archived