CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
HyperInHell

Generic Klonoppin

My insurance sucks. I can only get generics now... which is very unfortunate because the last time I tried a generic (Paxil) I had the worst side effects I have ever experienced from a medication. Ever since then I have feared generics meds and avoided them like the plague.

I was wondering if the side effects for generic Klonopin were worse than the side effects of the original and also if the generic worked as well.

Thanks.

Edited by HyperInHell

I just get the generic. I have had non-generic clon before. I didn't notice a difference. I've heard that some people get side effects from different generic brands from their non-active ingredients. I don't know how you find out what the particular generic has in it besides clonazepam, but I'm sure there's a way.

i notice a difference between generic manufacturers (i think anything made by teva is a joke) but a good generic is as good as the brand.

I've only ever taken gen. klon. But I do notice a difference in brands. I don't remember the manufacturer, but the pink pills work a lot better than the yellow ones.

I used many differents generics klonopin and I never saw any difference with the original.

(Same for Paxil, Ativan and all the rest on my list).

I've only ever taken gen. klon. But I do notice a difference in brands. I don't remember the manufacturer, but the pink pills work a lot better than the yellow ones.

Im not sure but I think the colors has to do with the dose of the pill, not the brand.

Only ever had generic Klonopin, no major differences noted, things might work differently for you though.

my bottle says Apo-Clonazepam, and under that- Clonazepam. I thought that meant it's the name of the drug itself. I asked my pdoc once about Klonopin, b/c I'd heard the name so much, and he said it's just another name for Clonazepam.

I have no side effects that I'm aware of.