Numb...

Guest Guest_ItsComplicated111_*

Guest Guest_ItsComplicated111_*

well, i've been on Wellbutrin XL for 4 or 5 months (300 mg) and it's been okay, but lately my anxiety has been really bad, i jump at the smallest noise, and i'm VERY irritable, which is pretty unusual for me. Luckily, i've learned to keep it all inside, as i assume many of us have, so it doesn't really bother the people around me but the littles thing will make me so angry and i just want to throw something and sometimes i'll get so frustrated i just start crying. Also, my grades have dropped from As to failing and i just don't have any motivation at all to do any work, even thinking about it makes me nervous... i was just wondering if anyone had experienced something like this and what might've helped- like anti anxiety meds or an additional antidepressent... cus i'm not really sure if it's anxiety or depression or both...

thanks, i'd really appreciate any advice

Were you prescribed the wellbutrin for anxiety or depression? I am on wellbutrin and I don't think it works very well for anxiety. Not as well as zoloft or lexapro did for me. Perhaps you should add a "regular" ssri and see if that helps. The only reason I don't take the lexapro anymore was due to the side effects, but the combination of lexapro and wellbutrin was phenomenal for my anxiety. Good luck!

Its obviously time for a tune up. Get on the phone to your pdoc Monday and let them know you are getting unstable and need either an appointment to see the pdoc or a med adjustment. Don't put this off. Catch it now and there is still time to recover the semester. Are you seeing a therapist? May need some extra sessions to release all the things you've been holding in.

Hope you feel better soon.

a.m.

Thanks for the suggestions,

yes i was on lexapro until a few months ago, it did help the anxiety but like you, the side effects were unbearable, i've never really had a good experience with any SSRI, and i've tried a number of them (effexor, prozac, celexa, lexapro... those are the ones i remember, anyway, there may have been more),

has anyone tried anything other than SSRIs that helped for anxiety, the wellbutrin was prescribed for my depression and it has helped with my social anxiety, but as for the OCD and GAD, idk, i think i may need to add something. I just had a week off from school so i got to catch up on sleep but before that i hadn't gotten more than maybe four hours of sleep a night (about seven per night on the weekends)... that's why i put off talking to my pdoc, i thought maybe i was just sleep-deprived, but after a week off, it doesn't seem to have gotten better...

anyway, does anyway have any non-SSRI suggestions for anxiety? the only one i know of is buspar which i was on about four years ago, but i don't really remember how i felt on it.

thanks again for the responses!

Archived