remeron adjustment?

any info will help...i'm agoraphobic n are allready on 60mg of remeron since feb.02 my p-doc wants me to go up to 75mg i told him i'd get back to him cause the "recommended" dose is between 15 n 45. who else is on more than max dose n how's it workin'? i go back to doc. this wed. any suggestions very much appreciated!

thanks

flutterfly ;)

Uh.... I never took more than 45 mgs and don't see the point in going higher.

Ask VE. The point of remeron, I think, is sedation since it is, well sedating. (lol) Anyway, the higher the dose, the less sedating it is and so, why would you go that high? Ask your p-doc. I mean, have you tried other meds that don't work for you? Is this the only antidepressant that works?

I would ask Velvet Elvis this question, or maybe he'll see this. To me, on remeron this makes no sense. I took it for several years.

Breeze

In fact pm VE about this one. You need to know before Wednesday and he is pretty smart about meds.

Uh.... I never took more than 45 mgs and don't see the point in going higher.

Ask VE. The point of remeron, I think, is sedation since it is, well sedating. (lol) Anyway, the higher the dose, the less sedating it is and so, why would you go that high? Ask your p-doc. I mean, have you tried other meds that don't work for you? Is this the only antidepressant that works?

I would ask Velvet Elvis this question, or maybe he'll see this. To me, on remeron this makes no sense. I took it for several years.

Breeze

In fact pm VE about this one. You need to know before Wednesday and he is pretty smart about meds.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks soo much breeze!!! i was on paxil but it just made my constant panic worse. then i was on zyprexa n remeron. n i could't function. i'm type 1 diabetic n have paralysis to my stomach n intestines. my p-doc put me on 75mg bout a year ago n it stopped the crazy panic thoughts but i also had no motility then i went back down to 60 n started on a motility agent. which worked but i've had ALOT go on in the last year n need relief again so his suggestion was to go back up but i'm wooried bout my kidney n liver since i've been diabetic for a decade n allready have complications.

i do appreciate u responding i'll take it up with my p-doc.

hope u r well  ;)

I am currently taking 60mg of Remeron. It is great for sleeping if that is something you need help with as I do. Pdoc mentioned going up to 90mg to counteract the deepening depression I have been experiencing lately. Thinking about it but no decision yet.

thanks i was biginning to think i was the only one taking more than "recomended"...ya i was on 75mg for a short while a year or so ago n it was the best i felt but as i'm type 1 diabetic n have complications i lowered the dose. i might see what p-doc says bout benzos...going out of the house is getting harder n i was a prisoner in my house n head for 3 or 4 months in 02 (NO FUN) don't wanna get there again!  but as my mom passed away in sept. it's sorta mandatory for me to go out as i've been takin' over mom's part in our family i.e. babysitting my twins 5 kids , taking care of my dad as he is 76 n has never takin care without her for 54 years. they don't know how it is effecting me i've been sooo busy takin' care of everyone else i haven't even grieved yet! anyways thanks for responding!

i'll keep u posted if i go to 75mg hope u r well ;)

hugs flutterfly

;) well guys thanks for the input...i went up to 75mg. not much of a difference thus far. but my p-doc says cause i take the generic of it it works less then the name brand n he has people on up to 180mg. of the name brand!!!!!  ouch lets hope he doesn't guinee pig me like that :)

will let u know

flutterfly

Archived