CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
mrsloony

OMG 28 different meds?!

I just scheduled a consultation with a new pdoc.

She asked me to make a list of all the meds I've been on.

first of all- what a project.(!)

I went to some of the pinned lists of meds to jog my memory.

Including my current meds- I've been on 28 different meds, 28!!!! 28! OMG!

I can't believe I'm so shocked- I shouldn't be, after all I did take all of them.

All I can say is "YIKES!"

I've been on a lot of different medications (at different times) myself. I have a nice list. I've been on Zoloft, Ritalin LA, Metadate CD, Strattera, Clonidine, Seroquel, Abilify, Invega, Risperdal, Klonopin, Xanax, Ativan, Pexeva, Artane and my current ones: Lexapro, Cogentin, Zyprexa Zydis, Lunesta, and probably more that I just can't remember right now.

Edited by netsavy006

Wow, y'all can remember all of the meds you've been on? Are you talking about just the psych meds? I know I haven't been on more than 15 of those, but I don't remember all of them - probably about seven if I stretch my brain hard enough (not counting the two I'm on now). If I had to remember any other meds I've ever been on - for migraines, endometreosis, or other stuff like that, I just wouldn't remember.

You have my admiration for remembering these things. ;) I mean it, really. I can't remember things like that. I may try to make out a list tonight just to see what I can remember.

If any doc asked me the name of every medication I've ever been on, it'd end up on one of those "see attached" forms. And that form would probably be the size of "War and Peace". I want to say at least 40 (including non-neuro/psych meds). Right now I'm on something like 8.

Now... when I first read your post, I thought that you were on 28 meds at once! (That'll probably be me within a few months...)

If any doc asked me the name of every medication I've ever been on, it'd end up on one of those "see attached" forms. And that form would probably be the size of "War and Peace". I want to say at least 40 (including non-neuro/psych meds). Right now I'm on something like 8.

Now... when I first read your post, I thought that you were on 28 meds at once! (That'll probably be me within a few months...)

Its true herrfous! Seriously. I'm just talking about psych meds. 32 if you include "neurological issues" along with the psych meds. although some are double duty. And ALL meds I've EVER been on.... well... OH CRAP! I just realized.... I forgot a psych med. I'll be darned. 33. Oh, and I don't have epilepsy. Now you include my CURRENT med regime, add 12 more. And all the ones I've Tried.. hah... at least umm.... 20 more? probably more.

Now my med list is constantly growing. And I don't know why. I find some doctors that are like "you are on too many meds! DECREASE DECREASE DECREASE!" when I'm just nearing "stable" and then it takes for fucking ever to get back. I wish some doctors would just leave muh meds alone. ;)

Now my med list is constantly growing. And I don't know why. I find some doctors that are like "you are on too many meds! DECREASE DECREASE DECREASE!" when I'm just nearing "stable" and then it takes for fucking ever to get back. I wish some doctors would just leave muh meds alone. ;)

This is so true. Every doctor of mine except the psychiatrist and neurologist seem to have the issue.

(Excuse the nerdiness ahead, but I think you'd get the point)

I always tell them, "well, if you know of a molecule that's a serotonin/norepinephrinedopamine enhancer, a dopamine-3 agonist, a simulation of thyroid hormone, a serotonin-2A/C blocker, a serotonin-3 blocker, a histamine-2 blocker, and a sodium channel antagonist, then I'd just be on one medication."

Thankfully I have used the same pharmacy for 20years, if they really want to know I can call the wonderful Mr. Mike and get the info.

But off the top of my head I can think of 10.

Just to say again as I did in original post-

i could not remember so-

I went to lists of meds online ( to the pinned lists in the AP's and AD's in the med forums etc.)

No way I would have remembered even half without looking at the lists of the names of all the drugs to jog my memory. It took a while , but this made it a doable (sp?) project.

I even started to remember which pdoc prescribed what, or what admit they gave me something new. ( not all by any stretch).

It was an interesting experience in walking down memory lane. ( especially recalling some delightful side effects- which she also wanted me to list as best i could)

Thankfully I have used the same pharmacy for 20years, if they really want to know I can call the wonderful Mr. Mike and get the info.

But off the top of my head I can think of 10.

The pharmacist and her techs know me by name at my local chain pharmacy. And that particular location only opened a year ago. Sometimes I'm embarrassed to pick stuff up there and instead end up going to one of their locations by the pdoc's office (then again, they're starting to know me there, as well).

This is so true. Every doctor of mine except the psychiatrist and neurologist seem to have the issue.

(Excuse the nerdiness ahead, but I think you'd get the point)

I always tell them, "well, if you know of a molecule that's a serotonin/norepinephrinedopamine enhancer, a dopamine-3 agonist, a simulation of thyroid hormone, a serotonin-2A/C blocker, a serotonin-3 blocker, a histamine-2 blocker, and a sodium channel antagonist, then I'd just be on one medication."

Yes! My new gp is pretty good. she hates it, but she has to control herself. she knows my pdoc would beat her if she messed with things other than her things once I started to get stable. Oh... my fibromyalgia doc like SPAZZES when she sees my list. but she thinks that supplements will cure my fibro. BULLFUCKINGWHOREASSPISSENCRUSTEDMONKEYSHIT! *nods*

My mom jokes that we have a minipharcmy in our house with all the meds I'm currently on. My docs see my list are are like "You're only 20 and you're on THAT MANY meds????"

I'm on 27 meds currently for all my health problems and all my doctors are like, ;) we should decrease these, but I don't know where to start. Thank God I go to same pharmacy every month. Susan is the greatest! I don't even have to call her when I need them. She just fills them on the day I need them and I'm all set. I'll tell you this, though, I am sick and tired of taking all these meds. I feel like a walking pharmacy. Thank God for pill organizers! I don't know what I'd do without mine.

Let's see (below are all psych meds):

Currently

---------

Desoxyn (Daily)

Lamictal (Daily)

Seroquel (PRN)

Ativan (PRN)

Previously

----------

Abilify (<1 week)

Adderall (>5 years)

Anafranil (<2 years)

Clonidine (<3 months)

Depakote (<1 month)

Dexedrine (<6 months)

Effexor (<1 year)

Focalin (=6 weeks)

Geodon (<2 weeks)

Lithium (>1 year)

Prozac (<2 years)

Remeron (<2 weeks)

Risperdal (<2 years)

Ritalin (<3 years)

Strattera (<6 months)

Topamax (<3 months)

Vyvanse (<1 month)

Wellbutrin (<6 months)

Zoloft (<2 years)

Zyprexa (<1 month)

I can't remember the exact durations, but this is a rough guesstimate. So, this leaves a total of 23 24 meds. I'm pretty sure I've got all of them, but I might have missed one or two. Keep in mind that I have been drugged for about 15 years, and most of the 'experiments' are short lived.

Edited: I added another one I saw in someone else's sig. Let's hope this is the last one.

Edited by Fr0zen1nfern0

Ahh the walking drugstore, I know that all to well. If I remember right I take 4 medications @ a vitamin in the morning and then again I take another 4 medications @ calcium at dinner. To top things off I take a sleeping medication.

;):)

I'm on 4 meds daily, plus 2 prns.

Already it feels like a lot. Already taking around 70 pills a week.

Have tried around 15 meds I think, altogether. But I've only got dx'ed 2 years ago. I'm stable now, and I can't really pick anyone med to give up.

r.