CrazyBoards.org

I worry all the time not the mild type but the severe I think I am going to explode type. Currently I take 80mg Prozac 1mg klonopin and xanax as needed but for the last few months the anxiety is creeping up to unbearable levels more and more. Sure there is more stress in my life but life is stress for me. What other meds could I should I bring up at my next appt n two weeks any insight would be helpful

I recommend NOT suggesting any meds. That is your doctor's job. He DOES have experience with what meds to try. By suggesting meds, you only put him in an awkward position, and if he gives in to your suggestion, rather than going with his experienced judgement, you lose by not getting the benefit of his experience.

By all means carefully and thoughtfully describe to him how unbearable the anxiety is and how it has increased. Then look at him in a thoughtful and appreciative manner and ask "what can we do?". ;)

Hope you feel better soon.

a.m.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried other non-drug stuff like exercise, or meditation? I'm on a number of drugs myself, like an SSRI and a Benzo and I still will have periods where my worrying gets out of control. Ive found that working out for like 40 minutes really helps with the worrying the rest of the day. I agree with AirMarshall , just describe what you are feeling and ask for help.

I happen to be a professional worrier... heh.

When I was a kid, and even now, I can worry myself to the point of vomiting and extreme trembling.

Not too cool.

Dear "parts,"

Seroquel has been very effective in reducing my debilitating anxiety. I'm on 600mg nightly. With the Seroquel, I find that I don't even need the Klonopin any more. 600 is kind of a high dose. You mght find that much less works for you. The one drawback is weight gain, but it's worth it to have some peace of mind.

Archived