CrazyBoards.org

;) So... fiber, a laxative, and 400mg of colace isn't enough. I have a prn laxative, but I don't use it, because it takes about 3 days using it to "kick in" I've had problems since I was 4.... BEFORE MEDS. Now I'm just screwed. I don't take much fiber, and its the drink, and sometimes I skip it because its so nasty. I want to get different stuff, but I don't know what to get. I have an ED so eating more fiber is really hard, as eating is hard enough, which is probably another reason why things are so bad. Should I be worried? I mean... 1/week most frequent.

I use an OTC stool softener (less harsh than a laxative) sometimes when I am on codeine. I have to make sure to take it 2 hours before and after any other meds so it doesn't interfere with anything. Ask your pharmacist if that would be safe with your meds. It really does the trick.

Zip

;) So... fiber, a laxative, and 400mg of colace isn't enough. I have a prn laxative, but I don't use it, because it takes about 3 days using it to "kick in" I've had problems since I was 4.... BEFORE MEDS. Now I'm just screwed. I don't take much fiber, and its the drink, and sometimes I skip it because its so nasty. I want to get different stuff, but I don't know what to get. I have an ED so eating more fiber is really hard, as eating is hard enough, which is probably another reason why things are so bad. Should I be worried? I mean... 1/week most frequent.

What fiber powder/drink do you use? Perhaps it's just me, but I find that the orange-flavored Citrucell isn't too bad at all.

have you ever tried a magnesium supplement? calcium and magnesium can help relax and regulate you system. there is a product called "calm" that is a powder you add to water and it tastes really good. i think you can get it at health food stores. it relaxes your muscles too!

hope you have the chance to try this and it helps!

jett

have you ever tried a magnesium supplement? calcium and magnesium can help relax and regulate you system. there is a product called "calm" that is a powder you add to water and it tastes really good. i think you can get it at health food stores. it relaxes your muscles too!

Word up on that.

Citrate of magnesium "beverage" (i.e., liquid non-chalky solution that you take a large amount of) is available in most drugstores for cheap. Sorta tastes like a salty and sour-ish soda. It's a cathartic, causing more water to rapidly get dumped into the colon. If you don't give a crap about how harsh this treatment is, well, then, by St. John, at your own discretion, try it!

Archived