CrazyBoards.org

cymbalta question

sorry. this is new to me. if cymbalta balances both norep. and sero evenly, maybe can someone explain why people become tired on this? heard so much negative about this med. yet does anyone have any positive reponses from it. thank you.

Hi Leopard! I don't know the answer to your question in terms of the chemical reaction in the brain, but I can tell you that Cymbalta was a very effective AD for me and for several people in the Crazyboards community. It took about 8 weeks to get fully up to speed, but it really did make me feel like my old self again. It had no sexual side effects for me and the only problem was that it made me feel sleepy after I had been on it for quite a while.

If your pdoc is suggesting it, I would advise you to try it. You have nothing to lose but your depression!

olga

I've been on Cymbalta for well over a year, and love it. I told my doc last visit that she would have to pry it from my hands, if she tries to discontinue it.

No drug is perfect, no drug is evil. Like the car commercials - YMMV "Your mileage may vary".

We aren't at the point where someone can take a dx, and pick neurotransmitters to address. That day IS coming, because Dr. Manji and his cohorts at NIMH are now working on the chemistry of the cellular level.

Give the med a try of a few months. If it makes you too sleepy, try a lower level.

a.m.

thank you air marshall and olga. positive re enforcements help. still do not feel well enough to write much, but my condition is severe anxiety, depression and obsessive ruminations (ocd i guess). insomnia is a constant. hopefully i can write more again.

• 1 month later...

Archived