CrazyBoards.org

Milder stimulants

Assuming a doctor was willing to prescribe me stimulants, would he consider prescribing milder drugs like diethylpropion, phentermine or mephentermine if I said I found Adderall to have a stronger than necessary effect (as well as a crash) in the past? And are any of these "smoother" (cause less jitteriness or agitation) than methylphenidate?

Assuming a doctor was willing to prescribe me stimulants, would he consider prescribing milder drugs like diethylpropion, phentermine or mephentermine if I said I found Adderall to have a stronger than necessary effect (as well as a crash) in the past? And are any of these "smoother" (cause less jitteriness or agitation) than methylphenidate?

One thing that diethylpropion/Tenuate, phentermine, and mephentermine have in common is that none of them are approved for use in treating ADHD. If you really want to use medication to lose weight, see your doctor about resolving *that*.

One thing that should cut down on jitteriness, agitation, and "crashing" would be a lower dose of an approved medication, taken consistently. It wouldn't be as effective the first couple of days as a higher dose, but a higher dosage that your body can't support just isn't viable over the long haul.

Concerta doesn't seem strong or jittery to me. I take 2 x 18 mg AM, 1 x 18 mg Lunch, I have no comedown effects like I did with regular Ritalin.

One morning (when I was taking all 3 pills in the AM) I took my morning pills twice by mistake and I didn't notice the Concerta. It was my double Effexor dose I noticed.

I guess I am saying I think it's pretty "smooth". ;)

But do you have ADHD or are you looking for a diet pill? My friend did well on Phentermine if your doctor will prescribe it. Don't try ordering it online or you will just get ripped off.

Vyvanse is a new one that has a slow, gradual onset and seems not to make me jittery at all. It lasts about 9-10 hours for me. I guess if you start out on a low dose it would be pretty mild. I've been taking it for a few weeks... I switched to it because even the adderall XR made me agitated. It was originally designed for children 6-12... but it's been approved for use in teens and adults as well. Only downside is that it is very new and expensive.

Did you try the sustained release adderall or just the regular?

Generally the potency is related to the dose and sustained release formulations help work around the crash. You might want to consider Dexedrine spansules or focalin. I found both to be much lower in side effects than mixed amphetimine.

You might also want to consider provigil. It's not quite as good for the ADD as adderall was, but it doesn't make me all crazy like the adderall was prone to do either, so it's a pretty good balance for me.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest_lost_*

VE

Can you tell me why you went from focalin to dexedrine? what are the typical doses of focalin?

how is a focalin and cymbalta combo for add and anxiety?

Did you try the sustained release adderall or just the regular?

Generally the potency is related to the dose and sustained release formulations help work around the crash. You might want to consider Dexedrine spansules or focalin. I found both to be much lower in side effects than mixed amphetimine.

Archived