CrazyBoards.org

Just when everything was starting to go well...

;) ?

It's 3:30am. I feel like sleep is challenging me to defy it.

The meds I just started on were working for like a full week.

But today I feel like running through walls at a million miles per hour. And crying.

as;dlja;sldfkja;sdflk

I guess that's why they gave me sleeping pills then, I guess. But why would I do that?

I don't like this shit.

Tired & wired. My head's going to explode if I have to listen to one more Girls Gone Wild commercial. With that stupid steel drum instrument thingy.

Meh. Whores.

/venting session

Does anyone have any good NON-MEDICINAL ways that have worked for you to help convince your body that it really doesn't need to stay up until the sun rises?

....here we go again.....

;) ?

It's 3:30am. I feel like sleep is challenging me to defy it.

/venting session

Does anyone have any good NON-MEDICINAL ways that have worked for you to help convince your body that it really doesn't need to stay up until the sun rises?

....here we go again.....

Oo.. venting session. I need one of those too, can I join in?

Oi... who but us 3am cowboys has time to post on crazyboards?

Go around the neighbourhood shaking the dormice awake and ask them how they do it..... you're more likely to get the right answer that way. :-)

On the other hand, they just tend to look at you as if you from a different planet....

"'Cuse me, Wakey Wakey mr and mrs next door dormouse, I'm from Betelgeuse, do you have a pill to transpose my tentacly green alien nature to human and my place of origin to earth?" :)

Sigh! The best method I've found is to wait until the Big Warm Sleepy Light is in it's bright afternoon configuration and take a nice big strong drink of black warm Sleepy Coffee.

Knocks me out every time if I let it...

Isn't compatible with this "work" thing though. Bugger.

So here I am, got to bed at 3am last night, woke at 6h30, worked all day, now it's 11 and I'm probably Good to Go until 3am again.

No I'm not being sarcastic. I'm being deadly serious. A tad depressed about life, but that is really what happens for me.

Those Girls gone Wild commercials seem to be the only thing on in the wee hours of the morning. The steel drums plus the annoying announcers voice is enough to drive anyone mad. There aren't even good infomercials until dawn. Obviously I've been there.

What's the problem with taking the trazadone? I love me some trazadone. It doesn't make me dopey in the AM unless I take it really late. Give it a shot.

Just as an FYI, Wellbutrin drove me nuts. Anxiety, too much energy, general badness. If you've only been on your current cocktail for a week and you're having side effects, you should probably talk to your doc about modifying it.

Until then, light therapy during the day, melatonin, warm milk, lavender, chamomile tea, deep breathing, counting back from 200, writing out all the thoughts going through your head until you are exhausted... I've found that TV will actually keep me awake if I keep watching it. Stimulation I guess. Trying getting into bed and counting breaths - 3 in, hold 3, 6 out, hold 3. Through the nose.

Thanks for the replies. I went to bed eventually at 5am and got up at 8am.... Luckily I snuck in a nap a bit ago.

What's the problem with taking the trazadone? I love me some trazadone. It doesn't make me dopey in the AM unless I take it really late. Give it a shot.

Just as an FYI, Wellbutrin drove me nuts. Anxiety, too much energy, general badness. If you've only been on your current cocktail for a week and you're having side effects, you should probably talk to your doc about modifying it.

I know the trazodone works. I'm just retarded. I tend to have a habit of doing the OPPOSITE of what is good for me. Not sure where exactly that way of living fits in with what's wrong with me....

And otherwise, I'm such a logical person. Go figure. :\

Hopefully it's not the Wellbutrin. Since I switched to that, all the evil horrible sexual side effects I had from the Effexor (and previously zoloft. Ugh. Talk about manic swing) have disappeared! That's like awesome cubed. ;)

Thanks for the recommendations. I never cared for Chamomile tea (or tea in generally really), but we do have some in the cupboard, so I'll have to give it a whirl.

I still feel wired & tired :\ but probably since I haven't eaten today and the wellbutrin makes me sleeepy.

My tdoc had me pull an all nighter, then avoid naps the next day and stay awake until normal bedtime when I was actually really tired. This got me back to sleeping on a regular schedule, at least for awhile. It's worth a try if you want a non-med solution. Get lots of exercise too so you're really beat.

I live in Las Vegas so I can empathize with the "Who Needs Sleep" mentality. I have the same thing but I don't get stuck with just the GGW infomercials.

Have you tried Seroquel? That stuff knocks me out like a horse. Onlly problem is the weight gain

Archived