CrazyBoards.org

Flaming/whoring/trolling/rant forum

I came across this thread people who are multiple suck

and i find it extraordinarily mean. my suggestion is to add a flaming/whoring/Ranting/trolling/cage fight etc. (or even all of them in separate forums) and ask people politely to do stuff like this in there. not force them but kindly ask them. i believe most people will follow the "not so rule". and who doesnt is a "jerk" IMO.

i have seen such thing on another site and it worked great. beside that it has the advantage that people who are extra sensitive and need only advice can avoid that forum or go in there when they feel like they want to troll.

I have also made this very nice animated gif. feel free to use it when you feel like someone is trolling beyond what you find OK. ;)

edit: crap. animated gifs dont work. thats a pitty.

adress: [link=http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7371/trollrk3.gif"'>http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7371/trollrk3.gif" target="_blank]http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7371/trollrk3.gif[/link]

Edited by moderator Ophelia to remove the .gif because those things tend to bother a lot of people here on the board with certain conditions, and they shouldn't have to be subjected to it just by reading a thread... ya know, without any warning. The link is ok if people would like to click on it and see it at their own free will, but it is better to not have a picture file like that, since it might possibly bother people, not emotionally, but in a health-related fashion. Sorry... I don't mean to be a bitch or anything...

The last person who tried to start something like this was banned. It has the potential to get ugly and revolting and really doesn't have any place here. There will always be arguments and the occasional troll, but actually setting up an entire forum for this pretty much defeats the CB ethos. This is a place where we are allowed to be frank with one another. We will lose our tempers and butt heads with one another on occasion, but it's not the end of the world. Also, if someone is determined to troll, they certainly won't be considerate enough to confine that to a single forum!

If you read it more carefully, you'll see that the thread you've quoted was started by people who are multiple, and was actually intended to be humorous - we're all entitled to laugh at our own disorders!

The last person who tried to start something like this was banned. It has the potential to get ugly and revolting and really doesn't have any place here. There will always be arguments and the occasional troll, but actually setting up an entire forum for this pretty much defeats the CB ethos. This is a place where we are allowed to be frank with one another. We will lose our tempers and butt heads with one another on occasion, but it's not the end of the world. Also, if someone is determined to troll, they certainly won't be considerate enough to confine that to a single forum!

If you read it more carefully, you'll see that the thread you've quoted was started by people who are multiple, and was actually intended to be humorous - we're all entitled to laugh at our own disorders!

You mean i could get banned for making this suggestion? or did i get you somehow wrong? sorry dont get stuff sometimes.

but yes you are right. i should have lookrd at the diagnoses of the person

cheers

omid

Some forums do have designated areas for things like that, and others make them off-limits altogether. We don't do either. This is not to say that we have the right way and no one else does, but that different places offer different things, with different benefits and drawbacks.

From our terms of service (you can get them by clicking on "The Rules" in the navbar above, and everyone agrees to have read and understood them when they sign up for an account, although I know a lot of people page down and click through):

This isn't your usual support site. Frankly, we think most of the so-called support sites out there suck. That's why we have our own. You won't find that your every post is responded to with feigned warm fuzziness and cyberhugs. Frankly, we think cyberhugs suck.

A lot of other sites place great importance on making sure people are not offended or "triggered." We don't. With reasonable exceptions such as the PTSD board, we don't do a lot of walking on eggshells around here. Everyone is encouraged to say what they need to say and not worry about what effect it may have on others. We do have a trigger warning feature which people are free to use if they so desire, but its use is not required.

We try not to have a lot of rules. In general, we prefer to let people be themselves and work out their problems amongst themselves.

;)

ok again

:)

context is a wonderful thing. sometimes you don't get it until you look for it.

i get you kinda had an overreaction there when you didn't understand we're multiple, and that here it's okay to pick on ourselves sometimes. it's even okay for our friends to pick on us when they get the joke (some of the best yo mamma's were from non-multiples hehe). yes we have an odd sense of humour here at CB, frequently. we're nuts. odd things make us laugh sometimes :) .

hope you don't get scared off by the blunder. we all do it.

- rita

Uber,

the thing is, that you walked in late to the party. The topic was created by a member with MPD, as a sarcastic commentary following a lengthy and overheated exchanges about MPD among members with and without that dx. So it really was a tongue in cheek thing to begin with.

I don't see us creating a flaming forum. Frankly I don't think we encourage that behavior, since it carries over back into the rest of the board. Sorta like "Heres some matches kids, go play outside".

The biggest lesson is probably, if you don't have a connection to a particular Dx, then either avoid the forum, or tread lightly if you do participate.

best, a.m.

1a. The closest we usually come to fluffy bunniez is the avatar pic that Tenebrae's using.

heeee!

Besides, yo momma's so attention deficit, even congressmen are starting to notice.

bwuahahahaha! that's a good one ;)

i feel really sorry for the inconveniences i may have caused.

i will not visit this thread again, i'm kind of too embarresed.

I actually thought that thread was a flame and that was the only reason i made the suggestion about flame forum (and not because i like to flame or something). it looked like a flame to me at first glance. i know and knew it's a bad idea to open a flame forum but i thought that would be the lesser evil. my intention was good. i just got almost ANYTHING wrong.

sorry

Archived