CrazyBoards.org

i've seen this on other boards for sensitive subjects like sexual abuse. i've noticed recently that some people feel violated by the prescence of posters who do not seem to be directly associated with the thread topic. perhaps invite only private type threads for certain topics might make posters feel safer?

dunno. seems to work on other boards and could have prevented some recent hoo ha.

<shrug>

I installed the blogs with the private club function to help fill that kind of need.

We can't create new usergroups for every classification of user. It would get unmanageable very quickly.

Most people find us by way of google. The board views the google spider as a guest user. Any area of the board that is blocked to guest users is also blocked to google, meaning new users looking for that subject matter won't be able to find it.

i've seen this on other boards for sensitive subjects like sexual abuse. i've noticed recently that some people feel violated by the prescence of posters who do not seem to be directly associated with the thread topic. perhaps invite only private type threads for certain topics might make posters feel safer?

dunno. seems to work on other boards and could have prevented some recent hoo ha.

<shrug>

the problem I see with this, aside from what VE said, is that some people might not be aware of others experiences in some areas they might post about and, therefore, not "invite" them. Those people might have useful things to say, even if they have never shared before that they have experience in a certain area / struggled with a particular problem, you know? I know that I, personally, have experience in areas that I have not shared in or have not shared recently... so some people may not be aware of my particular struggles. The same can be true of others. Get what I'm saying? I don't know... it is just another way of looking at it, I guess...

I'm so sorry you're feeling unwelcome =( I for one am glad you're back and welcome you! Please stick around.

The invite only threads sound like they could have the potential to start a lot of arguments. "Well you don't have permission to go here, neener neener neener... I want to see that thread! What did I do to not have permission to see that thread? I never hurt you! Waaaah!" Maybe I'm too paranoid and people are a lot more understanding than I think they are... but if everyone was so understanding, than this idea probably owuldn't be considered.

I am for it when it comes to sexual abuse though, so that people just visiting the site can't see it.Hmmm, that might be hypocritical of me after saying I'm against the locked threads. Sorry, I'm tired and not very articulate.

I am for it when it comes to sexual abuse though, so that people just visiting the site can't see it.Hmmm, that might be hypocritical of me after saying I'm against the locked threads. Sorry, I'm tired and not very articulate.

Part of the PTSD forum is "private" for just that reason. Only members can view those posts... guests (and/or people not logged on) cannot.

all your call. i only suggested it because i saw that some people in substance abuse felt that their space had been invaded by people they felt did not belong there. <shrug> i've just seen it on other boards, personally doesn't matter to me either way. whatever works for y'all.

i'm going back to my cave now. nothing ever never works out well when i come out here anyway.

I do not have a substance abuse problem, or DID, or any number of issues. I do post in those forums, but only to say "its ok, I understand, everything will be okay" --- you know the soft and squishy stuff. When some one is venting, sometimes that is all they need. I hope no one is offended that I post where I do not have an issue.

C

hi all:

i need some clarification on this one...and im making public only because someone else started the thread and others have made their opinions. im very confused.

which parts of the board do i get to participate in and which ones do i not?

thanks,

db

eta: i agree on the private part of PTSD for sexual issues and i do not post or read there because it is too triggering for me.

hi all:

i need some clarification on this one...and im making public only because someone else started the thread and others have made their opinions. im very confused.

which parts of the board do i get to participate in and which ones do i not?

thanks,

db

eta: i agree on the private part of PTSD for sexual issues and i do not post or read there because it is too triggering for me.

there are no set rules about this.

the general idea is that we are here to offer support and empathy.

it is easiest to offer empathy to someone going through something you've been through or are struggling with yourself.

Archived