CrazyBoards.org

i dont know how i missed this forum...

my main issues are resteraunts. and going new places and i dread sitting at stop lights i feel eveyone is stating and i cannot get away. if i am with someone else i am distracted long enough that im ok. but even resteraunts with people does not help. i dont know how people eat in crowded places like that.. i need sunglasses preferably or a hat. sunglasses make me feel better i dont know why. ever since i was switched off of ativan to klonopin it does not help my social anxiety.

i got a cognitive behaviour therapy workbook and am starting it. its got some scarey homework assignements in it but im going to do my best.

Restaurants freak me out too. I get table phobia, especially with about 5 or more people; worse if I don't know them.

CBT has helped me though, in conjunction with seroquel, clonazepam, and inderal. Maybe you could try some CBT group therapy? It's challenging but I found it beneficial. Also SSRIs like Paxil (paroxetine) can help with social anxiety. Talk it over with your pdoc.

my main issues are resteraunts. and going new places and i dread sitting at stop lights i feel eveyone is stating and i cannot get away. if i am with someone else i am distracted long enough that im ok. but even resteraunts with people does not help. i dont know how people eat in crowded places like that.. i need sunglasses preferably or a hat. sunglasses make me feel better i dont know why. ever since i was switched off of ativan to klonopin it does not help my social anxiety.

i got a cognitive behaviour therapy workbook and am starting it. its got some scarey homework assignements in it but im going to do my best.

I get like that at stoplights and never even thought about it being related to SP. Now that you mention it, it seems pretty obvious.

I'm OK with crowded restaurants that serve booze.

i need sunglasses preferably or a hat. sunglasses make me feel better i dont know why. ever since i was switched off of ativan to klonopin it does not help my social anxiety.

Sunglasses! I dont know why either but I'm glad someone else knows what I'm talkin about. It's like the feling of "I can't see you you cant see me" mentality. I've been wearing hats lately and they too help. Same sort of situation I suppose.

I'm the total opposite. I've been on Xanax, Effexor, Trazaone, Zoloft and Paxil and NONE worked on SA. I then took a week on 1mg of Klonopin 3x a day and felt better 75%.

Workbooks can be a life saver and I wish you luck. Do you have a therapist to talk to if you dont understand or have difficulties on an assignment? Sometimes workbooks should come with a free 30 day professional.

Archived