CrazyBoards.org

Bipolar Trekkie MD *still* on Lamictal and Seroquel

Heya crazies,

Miss you. & there are no excuses. Explanations, but no excuses.

(As in, this explains why I bugged out, but doesn't make it okay. I'm so sorry.)

:)

At any rate, FWIW.

I don't know if any of you read medical blogs. If you do, you know that MDs with *actual* blogs all got scared of blogging around the same time (look for Flea, Barbados Butterfly, Dr Grumble .. *Black Wednesday*), & even more have bailed since then. It's seriously scary, *still* scary but not as panicky as it was at the time.

(We all thought NHS Blog Doctor was *dead* in Fall 2007, for crying out loud. He was just *burnt out.*)

Which explains -- but doesn't excuse -- not signing out from CB. I just panicked like everyone else. Bleh. That sounds cheap. I'm sorry.

At any rate, I missed you & am around here again.

Not so talkative anymore though I think.

;)

--ncc--

"Doctor, I forgot all about you!" -- Janeway

... "How flattering" -- The Doctor (Dreadnought)

Wow, just thought of you last week!

Are you still doing the itinerant journeyman thing?

Welcome back.

a.m.

p.s. we just had a topic earlier this week clarifying legal responsibilities, and the fact that nothing CB or its members post is intended as medical advice.

I'm so happy you're here---I get worried when one of our own just disappears. It's so good to know that you're alive and (somewhat) well.

Come to Blogsville and start one. You can make it so that only members can read it, or you can pick the 50 people you want on your list. It's up to you!

I missed you. Really.

olga

Hi everyone,

Well, I was new to the "MD" and new to the *interweb* and new to the "bipolar." So, I felt it was getting scary & bailed.

I missed you all. I want you to know I didn't spy on you, I'm just here now.

Thank you for welcoming me back, I was worried, you have no idea how worried, that you'd yell at me.

Or, then again, maybe you're the only ones who *do* have an idea.

;)

heheh

see you soon

ncc

"Doctor, I forgot all about you!" -- Janeway

... "How flattering" -- The Doctor (Dreadnought)

Hi Anelize,

Yeah. All of a sudden, when Flea's case happened, everyone bailed. It was scary.

Even in the last few months, Dr Grumble for example.

In the last few months things have settled down, and blogs like Orac's and Dr Crippen's have kept up, so I guess it was just one of those things.

Makes us all cautious though ..

Nice to meet you ;)

ncc

Ncc, remember how we had the Springer threads? Well, they got cumbersome because they were so BIG, so VE and the admins have set us up with a blog department.

Look at the bar at the top of your page---over on the right it says "Blogs", "Live Chat"....etc. Click on Blogs and that will take you to the place. Now you can read other peoples' blogs and get an idea about what it's like. It's kinda like Springer---you can write something and post pictures and people will respond or not.

Here's the thing---if you are worried about privacy, make your blog invisible to guests. Go ahead and set one up---pick a title, write a first entry, etc. Then you can look through the settings and you will see where it says "Your Blog Settings." Click on that, and then on the second option. A list will appear having to do with who can see your blog. If you un-select "Guests can read your blog", then your blog can't be Googled, and only members can read it.

If you want it to be private, you can pick the people who can read it. You'll see all these settings once you get your blog started.

I'm SO glad you're back!! Really. I have been wondering and wondering what happened to you.

olga

Add me to the "me too" crowd! Glad to see you back!

For some reason, I had this resounding suspicion that you left due to my increasingly misiatric ranting. ;)

(As you see in my current sig, they're fairly sure my illness in fact isn't cancer or a somatoform disorder either; rather it's a disabling brain infection whose symptoms are fairly reversible.)

(n.B. for all: Misiatry means dislike of the medical system. Mis- (hatred) and -iatry (medical practice).

Archived