CrazyBoards.org

Since I started on Wellbutrin and Depakote, I shaved about 800 calories off my daily intake.

The 2 days before I started, I ate nothing (emotional reasons...was hospitalized. Don't have ED)

And since then, I've been eating very light for 95% of meals. I only cheated once. I've switched back to a more or less ovo-lacto vegetarian diet since more options have become available other than freakin tofu (hellishly allergic to it).

So I'm eating less AND eating healthier. Since I started, I estimate that I have reduced my total caloric intake over the past 19 days by approximately 16,000+ calories.

According to commonly accepted math, that means I should have LOST around 4.6 pounds.

Only I haven't lost a single fucking pound. Not an ounce. Not an iota.

And I'm getting more and more stretch marks.

;) I can't even fucking look at myself in the mirror anymore without wanting to break it.

:) I hate my life.

:) Fucking disgusting fat failure.

When in shape, I normally barely fit into an A cup. Now I'm a C cup. It's all fucking fat. I'm disgusting. If I wasn't amazingly good in bed, my boyfriend probably would've dumped me a long time ago. I don't know how he can even fucking stand to look at me. Almost 2 years and he still doesn't tell me he loves me

...but that's a thread for another time.

Even when I do things right, I fail.

Shouldn't I be used to this by now?

You aren't doing anything wrong. Depakote did that to me too. I blew up like a balloon. 10 pounds in the first week. It was extreme.

Most people say it levels off though. I had other issues with it too, so I had to quit so I don't know how easy it is to lose that initial weight after your body adjusts. I know people who take it and are losing weight through diet and exercise, but I don't know if they had that initial blow up effect you and I had.

Maybe some longterm users will have some better advice. Low carb/low glycemic is definitely going to be the best way to eat.

You aren't doing anything wrong. Depakote did that to me too. I blew up like a balloon. 10 pounds in the first week. It was extreme.

Most people say it levels off though. I had other issues with it too, so I had to quit so I don't know how easy it is to lose that initial weight after your body adjusts. I know people who take it and are losing weight through diet and exercise, but I don't know if they had that initial blow up effect you and I had.

Maybe some longterm users will have some better advice. Low carb/low glycemic is definitely going to be the best way to eat.

But I wasn't even a healthy weight when I started. I am not even 5'4" (161cm) and I almost weigh 200 lbs (90kg) My "normal" weight is about 140 lbs (64kg)

If I am burning more calories than I take in.... then....wtf?

By what mechanism does the Depakote make you gain weight? Does it fuck with your metabolism? Make you hold water? Fool your endocrine system?

Scary.

BTDT with depakote, but it wasn't as bad as seroquel for weight gain. What I believe is the fucking-with-metabolism. I can freakin' starve myself, and not lose weight. Have you had your thyroid checked? It probably won't *affect* it, but if you were hypo without knowing it, the synthroid might help.

I'm trying to incorporate more exercise in as I can. Hell, may not lose the weight, but maybe it'll shift into more muscles. My father's family gave me broad shoulders and broad hips (I'm 5'!), so even thin I look like a linebacker.

Archived