CrazyBoards.org

telemarking companies calling my cell phone

december_brigette

hi all,

is this something new? this afternoon ive received 2 telemarketing type calls to my cell phone. one for a car warranty and another for health insurance and both calls were a "computer" voice and then voice instructs to "push 1 to speak to an agent."

well, i know the current status of my car warranty and health insurance.

the 2nd call came from a "private" number.

is this now happening? just wondering because i havent kept up with current cell phone issues & such.

thanks,

db

hi all,

is this something new? this afternoon ive received 2 telemarketing type calls to my cell phone. one for a car warranty and another for health insurance and both calls were a "computer" voice and then voice instructs to "push 1 to speak to an agent."

well, i know the current status of my car warranty and health insurance.

the 2nd call came from a "private" number.

is this now happening? just wondering because i havent kept up with current cell phone issues & such.

thanks,

db

There is a national Do Not Call Registry. I'm too tired to look it up now... It wouldn't save you from bill collectors, but if a random telemarketer calls up it once you've been on the registry for something like a month, you can report them. I think you need to renew your do-not-call status annually...

There is a national Do Not Call Registry. I'm too tired to look it up now... It wouldn't save you from bill collectors, but if a random telemarketer calls up it once you've been on the registry for something like a month, you can report them. I think you need to renew your do-not-call status annually...

I'm not to tired to look it up for you...

Archived