CrazyBoards.org

Some pdocs suck

another one ...

Know exactly what medication you were going to be prescribed, based upon the drug names on ALL of the tissue boxes and pens in the office?

My son and I both have been through this. Walk in to pdocs and new pens and tissue boxes from focalin, wellbutrin, lexapro, depakote (whatever) and guess what we were prescribed that day???

I'll take anything the doc Rxs for me but I want it to be based on what is best for me and not who gave them the most freaking PENS!!!!!

Sorry I just had to say it somewhere!!!!

Know exactly what medication you were going to be prescribed, based upon the drug names on ALL of the tissue boxes and pens in the office?

My son and I both have been through this. Walk in to pdocs and new pens and tissue boxes from focalin, wellbutrin, lexapro, depakote (whatever) and guess what we were prescribed that day???

I'll take anything the doc Rxs for me but I want it to be based on what is best for me and not who gave them the most freaking PENS!!!!!

Sorry I just had to say it somewhere!!!!

you're not alone. i could always tell what suggestion i was going to get next, too, based on the new calendars and stuff in the office. after i figured that out i started doing the researching myself and going into the office with what i wanted to rx myself. not the best idea. especially when you're wrong.

then again, we both (me and my gp) had about the same rate of success (not too much). until i found someone who would listen to me about the mood stabilizer. so i guess in the end it was still my suggested rx hehe... but i didn't get prescribed what the most recent pharma rep. had hyped. at least i got an rx for good ol' generic lamotrigine. so there are docs out there that can resist the brainwashing! really!

don't be sorry you said that. i think it happens to lots of people, but then we wonder if we're paranoid. so talking about it when it happens = good, i think.

hope you and your son do well in spite of how your doc got his information. sometimes it does work even when they're swinging blindly like that ;) . that's how wellbutrin got rx'd for me, and i've since stuck with it for years. let us know what happens! i wish you both good luck.

- rita

I haven't had that issue with my pdoc (despite all of Abilify tissue boxes they have lying around the office), but I have had that issue with the last two GP's I've seen. You're depressed? Let's give you Lexapro! *writes scrip with Lexapro pen* Not that I have anything against Lexapro...but you get what I mean.

It does affect me a little, but it also affects the people with developmental disabilities and mental health issues in my agency.

I don't know if it is all related to the big push of samples or just a new med or new understanding how a med works, but there is definitely a "flavor of the month club". So many people I support and myself ended up on Abilify when that came out. Now Lamictal is being pushed for a lot of the people we support. I've already been there, done that.

I totally raid my pdoc's office for sample pens, post-its, and other interesting office products that I bring to work. ;) The office manager even puts cool stuff aside for me.

Oreo

I totally raid my pdoc's office for sample pens, post-its, and other interesting office products that I bring to work. ;) The office manager even puts cool stuff aside for me.

Hehe! I used to work for a vendor that provided services for multiple pharmaceutical companies, and we often got some cool stuff - mugs, lots of post-its, otc samples, etc.

The tdoc/pdoc office I go to leaves a lot of the advertising stuff out. There's a little "Free, Take Me!" basket by the front desk. I think it's there more because the docs don't need yet another Seroquel mini calendar than to advertise to us. They do hang on to the tissue boxes, though. Which makes sense.

• 1 year later...

Archived