CrazyBoards.org

Lexapro and extreme exhaustion

Guest LParker1

Guest LParker1

In February, under doctor supervision, I weaned myself off 450 mg. Wellbutrin XL after 6 years in an attempt to quit eating so many carbs and find something more effective (I was still getting depressed). I had been prescribed Lexapro to supplement the Wellbutrin a few years ago during a crisis and the dr. decided to start with just Lexapro.

Well, I am so tired I could fall asleep every time I sit down. It affects my work and as soon as I get home I go to sleep. I'm not eating all of the carbs and may be losing a minuscule amount weight. I'm not feeling the depression that was coming on, but I cannot shake the extreme exhaustion. Is this part of the Lexapro (I'm taking 20mg)? I am also taking 400 mg Provigil in the morning to counteract the tiredness and because I have sleep apnea (and use a CPAP machine at night), but the Provigil just makes me chatty. Even if I add vitamin B's, I'm still exhausted, or if I take another Provigil 200mg at lunch, nothing. Any suggestions as to what I can do or if something could be added to the Lexapro or anything more effective? The Wellbutrin was great for a while, but was losing it's effectiveness and I have always self-medicated with pasta for seratonin issues 5-6 days a week. Thanks for any help.

lexapro makes me tired too. i take it at bedtime so i'm not too drowsy during the day. if that doesn't help, let your doc know - you shouldn't have to put up with being exhausted all the time.

bean

Archived