CrazyBoards.org

What a wonderfully shiny forum.

Hey all. I'm a 19 year old male presently enrolled in college in the northeastern United States, and I'm not crazy.

Ok, well maybe I'm a little off, but I have yet to be diagnosed with anything (which may or may not be a result of me having seen a shrink only once, [and that was on a dare] due to an inherent and irrational dislike of doctors/those who can accurately and qualitatively judge me) and have never had my cognitive ecentricities effect my studies or scholastic performance... until recently that is. Turns out, sleep is important when it comes to learning and performing... who knew?

I'm here mostly to lurk, maybe sympathize a bit, and ultimately learn a little about why I do the things I do, or at least learn their medical names.

I like nested brackets, my favorite bird is the peregrine falcon, and I have a hobby in coming up with a different story every time someone asks me about/I have to explain my handle.

Welcome! Feel free to poke around and ask if you have any questions...

If things have been getting bad enough recently to affect your scholastic performance, I would encourage you strongly to see a doctor about it, because it might keep getting worse and it's better to address things like that earlier, even if you don't like doctors. We can offer support and education but are ultimately just crazy people on the Internet, and we can't give you medical names for your problems although we can give you some advice on what you might want to be sure to cover in a doctor's visit, and how to get through the visit without making yourself more nuts.

I like nested brackets, my favorite bird is the peregrine falcon, and I have a hobby in coming up with a different story every time someone asks me about/I have to explain my handle.

ok i'll bite. gimme an explanation for "Smac" ;)

i might remember to ask you that again in a month.

- rita

oh ps... welcome! this place is pretty shiny.

Welcome, smac!

And get some sleep---it's not good to be sleep-deprived at any age. Resonance gave you good advice about seeing a doc.

PM any of the mods if you have questions. I'm pretty bossy, so be prepared for unsolicited advice. heh

olga

Rita; I'm a big fan of onomatopoeia, and like to choose them for handles. When I was registering, I heard a random smacking sound from outside the window (probably the wind whipping something at my building... glad it missed my room) and so figured it was as good as any. Of course, I have some serious issues with the letter "K" because of some rather traumatizing physics problems involving springs back in my highschool days. Thus, my name came to be "Smac". (Yay! Lying is fun!)

Ok, classes and labs are done, now I can sleep... once I get tired again.

Archived