CrazyBoards.org

So I'm Rapid cycling. Its getting frustrating. I'm currently manic. I've been manic since... monday.... I was depressed this weekend and slept most of the weekend... was nothing for a few days before that... and less than a week before that had a quite long manic episode. my pdoc changed my meds.... and thats why there was nothing for a few days... and it took a while for the med change to kick in too. but seriously, its getting frustrating with all these epispodes, and I don't know what to do. I'm calling my pdoc to move up the appointment, as I'm not supposed to see him until the 16h of may.... and thats a helluva long time. I guess I'm just wondering who else deals with rapid cycling... and how long did it take for you to find the right meds? Its just getting really discouraging. I have been trying to get stable since 2004... its now 2008... 3 years and some months.... and I haven't really been stable any of it. ;):)

So I'm Rapid cycling. Its getting frustrating. I'm currently manic. I've been manic since... monday.... I was depressed this weekend and slept most of the weekend... was nothing for a few days before that... and less than a week before that had a quite long manic episode. my pdoc changed my meds.... and thats why there was nothing for a few days... and it took a while for the med change to kick in too. but seriously, its getting frustrating with all these epispodes, and I don't know what to do. I'm calling my pdoc to move up the appointment, as I'm not supposed to see him until the 16h of may.... and thats a helluva long time. I guess I'm just wondering who else deals with rapid cycling... and how long did it take for you to find the right meds? Its just getting really discouraging. I have been trying to get stable since 2004... its now 2008... 3 years and some months.... and I haven't really been stable any of it. ;):)

As you can guess everyone is different and I would not be able to tell you how long. I do know from experience that having a personality disorder makes it even harder to get stable since there are not meds for that...jsut a lot of really hard therapy work focused on your personal issues. I also know that as times went on not only was it really hard to stablize my rapid cycling( my meds changed about every 3 months or less for 6 years). However, after about three years, I switched pdocs. My new one , I felt was more willing to really listened to me and we worked together. I would say My rapid cycling stopped there. I still had med changes, but not as drastic. Plus, I had come a ways in working on my psychosis and borderline so that I could work thru those and have less chance of triggerring the rapid cycling.I am not diagnosed as a rapid cycler any more for a few years now. My meds havent changed in over two years. However I do still sleep an netore weekend( like last weekend) then suddenly had a burst &did a bunch of stuff this week..skipped some sleep hours...but it was useful active stuff....not manic. I am under a lot ..ALOT of stress right now.

I rambled....BP hazard. anyway, it takes work on your part nad your pdocs together, ANd with a Tdoc to even it out. I hope you get more responses

im also rapid cycling, but i've only been on the med-go-round for a year now. I'm still not stable, but i hope things settle for you (and me!) soon! im about to try new med combination. its sooo tiring.

Archived