CrazyBoards.org

Ok, well i well i my seroquel was raised from 150mgs. to 300 mgs. about a month ago, then i lowered it to 150 mgs. for a couple of nights then went back up. Now, i think that i tinkered with it too soon, seeing it was only 3 days after i raised it. Then it didn't really help as much with the anxiety and stuff. So after about a month we raised it to 400 mgs. XL. Now it is helping a little bit, but i am not sure it will entirely help as much as before anymore. And my pdoc said it really doesn't work well beyond 400mgs. for depression. I had mentioned Invega but am not sure, seeing about all the side effects people have reported, yet my aunt who is a nurse said it was really good with little side effects. Not sure it that will work either, but i guess it is worth a try if this doesn't work. I just recently raised it(the seroquel) in the beginning of the week so i guess i will have to be a little more patient it's just that i am so dam tired. errr

From what I've seen antipsychotics don't work well for depression without the addition of an AD. Seroquel is an exception and has been approved by the FDA as monotherapy for bipolar depression.

Invega, btw, is just reformulated risperdal, if you didn't already know that.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, i heard that invega, is derived from risperidal. But i heard that most ap have a mood stabilizer effect to them/anxiety. But i do also know that seroquel is approved for depression and that maybe invega might not work well enough withough an ad but time will tell. Hopefully something will work. I tried Abilify but had terrible side effects when it was high. My new pdoc said i might of had that seratonin syndrome. From the abilify and celexa mixed. But it works well for others. Wished it worked for me.

Archived