CrazyBoards.org

Just saying hello

Hi everyone, I just joined the site because I have been having problems with people being able to understand what I am going through. I'm relatively newly diagnosed (December '07)with BP1 with a hx of panic attacks, OCD and PTSD symptoms. Only reason I ended up being diagnosed in December was because I went through a very, very traumatic breakup and almost went off the deep end.

Anyway, while it is still a little difficult to accept, it is helpful to be able to give a name to something that has casued me problems for years. Right now I am trying to find the right cocktail of meds and have had some issues with that (I was pulled out of work for a week by my pdoc and therapist). I'm having a hard time balancing everything because I am also in a new relationship that is too promising to put on the back burner because of my issues. ON TOP OF THAT (here's the real kicker), I am a mental health professional. So I am having difficulty dealing with the irony of my profession and my illness.

So I joined this site to learn through others' experiences and to hopefully be able to contribute information or insight as well.

I don't know how you guys do the cool bottom margin with your meds, so here is what I am taking:

Lamictal 150, Effexor XR 37.5 (just started today), Klonopin .5 PRN, and Ambien 10

I recently tried Cymbalta for a month but it was horrible. Prior to that, I took Wellbutrin up to 300, but pdoc took me off because Neurologist thinks I may have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy ;) The Wellbutrin/Lamictal combo worked wonders for me.

So, nice to meet everyone. I am happy to have found a community that covers so many relevant topics.

hi meshell,

welcome to CB ;)

sounds like you're in the right place,

I've gained so much since joining, there are some awesome people here

jump right in to posting,

meg

ps- to get the thing at the bottom:

- at the top of your screen you should see "Logged in as: meshell" and to the right of the screen 'my blog' - 'my controls' - 'view new posts', etc.

- hit 'my controls' and there will be a menu on the left side of the screen

- in the section titled 'personal profile' hit 'edit signature' - tada!

you already seem to have found 'edit avatar settings' for your butterfly, and the signature button is right above that.

one thing to know about me: I am incapable of writing brief posts, lol, so sorry for wordy directions,

see you around the boards

Meshell, welcome to the nutty place and feel free to contact any of the mods if you have a question. Looks like Meg took care of the signature question, so I will just invite you to blog if you want to talk about your life and want to "meet" some of us.

olga

Archived