CrazyBoards.org

How quick---

Guest soon2bdownunder

I know drugs, (Keppra in particular) can be noticed the next day. It takes 2 weeks before level can be checked for lamictal. I have been on it for awhile & have been w/ in the range. Does anyone know how long it takes lamictal to effect you? I addedt 50mg last night & feel like it kicked in, but not in a good way. Either that or the "activity" is back.

completely individual with lamictal. The 'effective dosage" is 50 -200mg, but as high as 400mg.

Some people report effects at 25mg, others 200mg. For me I noticed it beginning at 50mg.

Lamictal is a sublte drug and may take weeks to months for full effect. I noticed weekly improvements thru 3 months.

You won't find it on the PI sheet, but many members report that immediately after beginning Lamictal they felt variously, energized, agitated, short tempered, even outright mania. Typically this fades in a couple weeks. I experienced most ot this without the mania, and almost started a fight in the public library! LOL.

If lamictal is keeping you awake (energized) try taking it in the morning, thats what I had to do. If it makes you sleepy, take it at bedtime as some members report.

The first couple weeks are usually the roughest. Try to go with the flow and keep a sense of perspective.

best, a.m.

You won't find it on the PI sheet, but many members report that immediately after beginning Lamictal they felt variously, energized, agitated, short tempered, even outright mania. Typically this fades in a couple weeks. I experienced most ot this without the mania, and almost started a fight in the public library! LOL.

i'd have to second this. i felt the lamotrigine (generic Lamictal) right from the start. i immediately felt more energized yet calmer at the same time. i suppose i was lucky i didn't get the irritability or anything like that (but i don't have a real bipolar dx, either). as i worked my way up to 175, i felt my depressive thought patterns dissolving - and with them, the bad habits that come with being depressed (poor sleep/exercise/diet/whatever). it's the only drug that's ever done that for me.

i wish you the same luck i had!

- rita

completely individual with lamictal. The 'effective dosage" is 50 -200mg, but as high as 400mg.

Well, my dose eventually maxed out on 600mg's in Oct. I weaned it down to, 500 in 2 wks time & a month ago dumped 50mg more. The nystagmus stopped after the pheno was finally removed, so it wasn't the only thing screwing w/ the eyes. The vision is rattled in the A.M. so I tried the P.M. & now watch M*A*S*H until mid-night even w/ ambien.

And you say "go w/ the flow?" I'm in the middle of the ocean & some very large, unhappy sharks are circled around me. My perpective is @ the bottom of this ocean.

Archived