CrazyBoards.org

color is uplifting and makes you smile.

Do you really want a palette of canary yellow, chrome green, and scarlet? I'm certain that it can be done. ;)

why the blah colors? they only make you more depressed and blah.

Depression, and the fucked-up trespassing trash in my neighborhood, make me depressed. Colors used on CB don't even make my "top ten" Then again, I know that many popular color choices are fairly low-contrast overall (bad for some people with vision problems) or render extremely poorly for people with colorblindness.

FWIW, the IP.Board Pro color scheme is close to one paint company's UNC-Chapel Hill decorating palette (The blue is a bit off, but not too bad)

Edit: "Dirtylicious" has some more color to it than the default.

PS: If you used Firefox for your browser, you could install "Stylish" and change the presentation of any element in the page by writing your own CSS code.

Yeah, another vote for how things are at present - I'd rather not go blind reading a board which some twit has decided to tastefully arrange with an orange background and green text for example, I really like the new default. Its mellow. Mellow fails to make me want to hurl things at the monitor or savagely bite web designers, which is a good thing and saves on hardware costs from dented monitors. Those who wish to blind themselves may tweak their own settings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think Nullo was not totally clear...

You can change the page skin by going to bottom left (alll the way down), and selecting any of about 7 options. There are some brighter or higher contrast skins there.

a.m.

dude you totally made my day (dont want to say to waht extent....just get me there. fill the blanks)

... ... ..... ... .... ;)

• 1 year later...

I like the "default"(whatever it's called today...;))...which is hardly "no colors" (a bit of blue and green with black text on white background IS "colors").

It's easy to read and not difficult to navigate. Maybe you young'uns might like those "loud on dark" skins, but for an old lady (me) whose formerly better than 20/20 vision has left the building for good? My being able to SEE what's posted here is a big advantage.

Archived