CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
chimpmaster

Essential OCD workbook

If you put some work into it, this book can be as helpful as therapy. I can't recomend it strongly enough. I assume chimpy agrees since he made this post first.

--VE

when i click on the link it just redirects me to the crazyboard homepage:

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/

since the board were down a few weeks ago, has the link changed? can it be updated? im curious to take a look at this workbook. thanks and let me know!

Is this the Hyman/Pedrick workbook? If so, my shrink and I can vouch for it. It's THE next best thing to getting into a hard-to-find CBT program. It's saved my ass from total disability, several times, now!

Edited by quadrophenia

Is this the Hyman/Pedrick workbook? If so, my shrink and I can vouch for it. It's THE next best thing to getting into a hard-to-find CBT program. It's saved my ass from total disability, several times, now!

well, i wouldnt know since the link doesnt work for me. ;)

Yes, that's the one

I'll take down the useless amazon ad we have up right now and put up a specific one to this book. This way you go right to the book and we get 4%-6$

thanks VE. at least now i know what book you were referring to and can check it out! ;)

It really has done me more good than any therapist I've seen as far as learning to rein in the cyclic reactions to intrusive thoughts.

It really has done me more good than any therapist I've seen as far as learning to rein in the cyclic reactions to intrusive thoughts.

Cross-posted from a LJ community:

Lists upon lists upon useless fucking lists are eating my brain and dragging down my mood, academic performance, and social life. Will this help me?

possibly. Depends on where the lists come from, what happens if you don't follow them, etc (ie, if it's really OCD or not)

Ya know, I'm not exactly a newcomer to computers and forums, but I can't find the link to the workbook. Am I missing something? Has it been removed or something?? Am I getting dumber from my MI or from the meds???

Hi,

I found that if I click on the link in the original post, which is the picture of the book itself, I'm taken to the Amazon site for the book so that I can purchase it.

Grouse.