CrazyBoards.org

Strange feeling, found myself out in public this morning...

This doesn't happen to me all the time but I've had moments where I've found the back door open, furniture moved, things done on my computer or phone calls or abuse I've made. I've always considered this sleep walking and tried to setup a motion capture camera once but it happens infrequently.

This morning however was really strange, and quite scary for me to think I could do it. I found myself out down the road at sometime this morning, I had no idea what I was doing out, I was really cold, and I had no idea what the time was or even what day it was.

So I went to the supermarket, I figured I'd do some shopping whilst I was out... By the time I got home I realised it was 6am and Monday, only by the clock on my computer.

While in the past I've sleep walked I've never actually woken up when I've left my place. I'm feeling really frightened to go to bed tonight... Last night I had a relatively early night, didn't drink alcohol yet when I woke up outside I was quite cold which made me think I may have been unknowingly wandering the streets for hours.

Is this sleep walking?

It sure sounds like it---I bet it was freaky to be outside at 6 AM when you didn't intend to be there. If you have a tdoc, this sounds like something to bring to your next session.

In the meantime, is there a way to keep you safely in your house? An extra lock on the outside door that you can latch before you go to bed? I'm assuming you live alone, so there's no SO or roommate to help you with this.

I hope your tdoc can help you solve this.

olga

It sure sounds like it---I bet it was freaky to be outside at 6 AM when you didn't intend to be there. If you have a tdoc, this sounds like something to bring to your next session.

In the meantime, is there a way to keep you safely in your house? An extra lock on the outside door that you can latch before you go to bed? I'm assuming you live alone, so there's no SO or roommate to help you with this.

I hope your tdoc can help you solve this.

olga

Thanks for the advice... I saw my pdoc today and told her about it, she didn't seem too freaked ouot. I'm incredibly sore all over today like I've been for a massive workout at the gym. It's really kind-of strange... I wonder what I got up to from 10pm Sunday night to 6am Monday morning. I hope I had fun at least. lol

My pdoc said the AD I'm on might cause me to sleepwalk if I've known to do it in the past... Not a great answer but I'll have to live with it.

My pdoc also added another drug into my cocktail - Epilum... So I'll see how things go tonight. I remember once before locking myself in but I was too smart for myself and managed to find the keys to the back door and get it open.

It sure is one weird feeling waking up with the back door open knowing that it was you who did it.

Are you sure you fell asleep before doing this or do you ever black out while you're awake?

I sometimes blackout and forget things I do when I'm awake but i'm 100% sure i went to bed around 10ish... I was really tired that night.

The next thing I know I'm two suburbs away walking along the footpath wondering what the f**k am I doing here? Then trying to think... What time is it? then What day is it? And freaking out a bit when I couldn't answer either of those questions.

It was really cold too, the coldest morning here in 6 months... If it wasn't that cold perhaps I could've made it back home and in bed again and not realised I'd gone out... I've spent entire nights out before and thought I was at home only to find friends that spoke to me when I was out... It terrifies me to think I can do that.

It's probably nothing, but it'd be nice to know exactly what you were doing that night. People often feel super-tired/achy when they wake up after a seizure. But that wouldn't really explain performing all those activities you don't remember (on the computer and stuff).

It's probably nothing, but it'd be nice to know exactly what you were doing that night. People often feel super-tired/achy when they wake up after a seizure. But that wouldn't really explain performing all those activities you don't remember (on the computer and stuff).

Yeah I think I may have been having seizures in my sleep... I remember waking up biting my tongue which I thought was rather weird, now I have mouth ulcers... :-s

I've been sleepwalking in the past... although there are times when I've gone out to a pub/club and friends have seen me there but I've never remembered even leaving the house... I've never considered the thought that I may have been sleepwalking.

Monday morning was a really weird experience that I think I'll just push to the back of my mind...

• 2 weeks later...

Would it help to have an alarm on your door? Do you think that would wake you up? Or maybe a security system set to call a good friend or family member when it's set off so they can come and round you up?

Archived