CrazyBoards.org

Tested Adderall --> what is next?

Guest MindRacer

Guest MindRacer

Hi everyone who has issues like me or is smart about the drugs and people that just know it all!

Like 3 months back I was diagnosed with Adult ADD, apparently a large case along with GAD with alot of that likely becuase of my add.

I tried adderall first and seemed fine. Then I tried ritalin for a couple days at 20mg up to 2 x a day I think, nothing really noticed. Back to the adderall but it gave me heart palpitations and these other weird beats. Stopped taking it and thye went away for th emost part but not entirely.

Now on ritalin plain old immediate release and I just was tired more than anything.

So now just went to adderall xr a couple weeks ago and the 10mg was fine, went to 15 about 2 days ago and got the heart things back.

What should I try nexxt?

Guest MindRacer

I have to talk to my pdoc in the morning as the adderall is giving me heart thinigs again. Will all these meds will I get the heart speeding nad whatnot? It worked better on the IR but then I went up to 20mg x3 per day - or 20 x 2 and then 10mg x 1 after or at the end of work.

Now I am getting the heart things a bit, but much more the past couple days since going to the adderall xr15mg.

I have read some of these other meds don't give you the shakiness or anxious feeling.

I also take cymbalta and 2mg xanarx xr for ansiety.

what should I do?

So now just went to adderall xr a couple weeks ago and the 10mg was fine, went to 15 about 2 days ago and got the heart things back.

What should I try nexxt?

I'm tempted to suggest sticking with Adderall at 10 mg. What are you taking or doing for the GAD?

Cymbalta plus the lower Adderall should be a decent combination even if you can't get 100% symptom remission without excessive side effects. It would be nice to avoid needing to increase the Xanax.

How much shakiness/anxiety/irritation you get from the other ADD meds depends really on the particular way your head is screwed. Some people with GAD may do OK on Wellbutrin, but those who don't really don't. The TCAs have more of a rep for screwing with heart rhythym than Adderall (mainly in overdose, but still ...)

Most of the noradrenergics are going to increase heartrate and blood pressure, but there's a limit to how much of that is safe. Then again, if arrhythmia is rearing its head at a fairly low stimulant dose, maybe it would be a good idea to discuss a beta blocker like Inderal with your doctor? It's an antihypertensive/cardiac medication, so take this suggestion with a huge grain of salt (applied externally!)

Guest mindracer

thx

I talked to the pdoc. when I originally went to her a few months ago she wanted me to go the ritalin route because of the gad and said there are just more formulations for her to work with such as concerta, focalin, etc.

She wants me off the adderall for a few days, ensure these beats go away and then to give 10mg of focalin xr a try.

If plain Ritalin at 20mg up to 3x per day or maybe it was 20mg x 2 per day and then 10mg for my 3rd dose worked "OK" with the cymbalta, but made me tired alot, does that mean focalin will not do that as much? How is 10mg of focalin compared to 15mg of adderall xr or even 20mg of IR release ritalin or adderall? The best results where 20mg IR adderall, with the cymbalta and xanax all in the morning.

but one the extra beats kicked in and whatnot the afternoon and night was a crap shoot.

What should I try nexxt?

I'm tempted to suggest sticking with Adderall at 10 mg. What are you taking or doing for the GAD?

Cymbalta plus the lower Adderall should be a decent combination even if you can't get 100% symptom remission without excessive side effects. It would be nice to avoid needing to increase the Xanax.

How much shakiness/anxiety/irritation you get from the other ADD meds depends really on the particular way your head is screwed. Some people with GAD may do OK on Wellbutrin, but those who don't really don't. The TCAs have more of a rep for screwing with heart rhythym than Adderall (mainly in overdose, but still ...)

Most of the noradrenergics are going to increase heartrate and blood pressure, but there's a limit to how much of that is safe. Then again, if arrhythmia is rearing its head at a fairly low stimulant dose, maybe it would be a good idea to discuss a beta blocker like Inderal with your doctor? It's an antihypertensive/cardiac medication, so take this suggestion with a huge grain of salt (applied externally!)

Archived