CrazyBoards.org

Off Wellbutrin and HUNGRY!

Hi. In the last few weeks, I've reduced and stopped Wellbutrin. Doing the "give it a break and see what happens thing". I feel great--sharp, happy, all that crap.

But I'm really hungry!!! I know wb is supposed to diminish your appetite-although I've neer noticed that. But why on earth would I be this hungry?

If you have a clue, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

.... why on earth would I be this hungry?

I've gone on and off several AD's and had the same 'really, really hungry' thing happen. I asked a friend who's a family practice physcian if this was 'usual' ...she said, 'yup, lots of folks get hungry when they stop taking an AD.

That's interesting---I didn't notice any change in appetite when I started Wellbutrin. Hmm And I DEFINITELY am overweight and eat way too much food most of the time, so WB isn't curbing my appetite at all.

But I'm not depressed and that's what counts, eh? I hope that you will stay on it if you find that it works for your depression.

olga

Thanks, Olga. I'm feeling better already. Wellbutrin did it for me in the past and I intend to stick with it. I'm learning through trial and error that there is no 100% cure. I may just have to do with 80% and no side effects! And anything is better than my recent Lexapro puke-fest fiasco. ;)

What's funny is the first Wellbutrin go 'round did cause my appetite do be diminished, but I felt so much better that I took up cooking as a hobby! That ain't good for anyone's waistline. Especially because nobody wants to come over to be treated to steamed veggies and such, lol!

Archived