CrazyBoards.org

Hey, how do I correct my avatar? I've used that picture before, and it was fine. This time, it's all stretched out side-to-side and makes me look like I'm taking Cortisone. After I saw it, I emptied the cache, erased my history, closed the computer down, etc. I can't think of what else to do.

olga

I'm going to assume the thing that thinks it should automatically resize it just tells it to be 100x100 and hopes for the best. If the image you're using is not square, that can only end badly. You're pretty much always better off resizing it manually so the largest dimension is no more than 100 pixels, or at least cropping it so it's square, so resizing it to 100x100 will still also be square. Currently yours is about 20% smaller horizontally than vertically, so it ends up stretching to make up the difference, or more accurately being squished in the larger direction.

;)

Naglas,

You could have added that Olga is beautiful just like that!

Olga, you're truly a woman, just like us! I would have had to make a correction too, but honestly, you are one of the most beautiful women I know, inside and out.

Sincerely,

Sunshine Outside

Oh, you guys---making me blush. My stern old mother would have said "Praise to the face is a disgrace." But thanks, you are all too kind.

That isn't really me, you understand---I found that picture and the dog looked like Finley, so I put it in my documents.

heh

Nalgas, yes, it was rectangular. I should have edited it better before I brought it here. Spuffy, thank you for doing it for me. Now at least the width of the face is (somewhat) nermal.

Okay, carry on. Avatar all fixed. I have to think about the next one.....

olga

Archived