CrazyBoards.org

tdoc is leaving. very distraught. very sad. very alone.

My tdoc today told me that he would be leaving the facility where i go in june. my heart dropped. I know he's just a tdoc, but i have formed an attachment and trust and alot of time with him. i am on the cusp of a major life change and i don't know if i can do it, but especially not without his help. I feel so alone and scared. So so alone.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

its probably the suckiest thing that can happen in therapy.

we do get so attached and rely on them so much. sometimes i've felt i relied on them for my own strength.

you may be a little raw with the news right now- but hopefully you have time for a good goodbye, and maybe he can help you transition to a new tdoc?

for now- its ok to be scared and sad (and a lttle mad too), .

do what you can to comfort yourself right now- whatever it is that works for you.

sometimes i think- how would i take care of a friend in this situation? maybe you can think of yourself as that friend taking care of you. maybe you need a hug. "hug".

mrs l

This happened to me with my pdoc. I had grown attached to her, she was the most awesome psychiatrist I had ever met. She was young, vivrant, passionate about what she did. She actually listened to me, replied to my emails, answered my phone calls, and truly cared about me. Then she moved on to bigger and better things I'm assuming. She handed me over to her boss, who was God-awful.

Hopefully your tdoc can refer you to someone in the field that she is close to that may be able to suit your needs too. I know it's hard. I'm still learning to get along with my newest pdoc.

I'm so friggin attached to Fred, I'd probably pass out if that happened...I can only imagine how you're feeling...I've actually tried just to imagine how you're feeling and it's been horrible...I'm sorry hon - {{{HUGS}}} Hopefully he turns you on to someone good.

Archived