CrazyBoards.org

Are you medded at all? Sometimes I thing that IM drunk, when a med backfires and gives me a case of the clumsies....or when cottonmouth and or med-mouth makes me slur no matter how hard I try and stop it.....bad timing sometimes.....like at work teaching? bleh.........lots of side effects just come outta left field, and sometimes leave just as fast......after of course, I walk into the door without opening it or say Shorry I shpilt my Shoda on your deshk....

Meds are a trip.........never know what they gonna do next......

cheers

You'd be surprised if you research how many drugs have these basic side effects...........xanax can make coordination difficult sometimes, Most all of them give you dizzy spells, somnolence, stomach problems......

Managing MI is a matter of weighing the side effects over the benefit.If the benefit is greater? You deal with occaisonal glitch that meds produce......

cheers

sometimes depending on the meds i've been taking, people have laughed at me because they thought i was drunk/high. i wasn't. i was just a little slower than usual on those days, either due to having an extra-prn day (clonazepam) or just because some meds make me look heavy-lidded (like risperdal and seroquel, which i'm not on anymore/right now). sometimes on the lamictal i substitute words by accident but you can usually make sense out of the sentence anyway, so what's the big deal....

yeah it sucks to have people think you're all fucked up on purpose.

without meds? i've had people accuse me of being a drunk because i was SO depressed, my eyes were only half-open all the time and i didn't have the energy to walk two blocks and would literally just lie down on the sidewalk. i was totally sober.

i've had people accuse me of being a cokehead when my anxiety runs high and i'm shaking and talking way too fast and laughing too quickly because i'm nervous... and constantly looking around me for a way OUTTA there. i've never even done coke.

so i don't know, i suppose they'd think me drunk or something either way. huh i never thought of it that way.

i looked after younger folks with developmental issues in a past life (not really it was only ten years ago) and a lot of those kids got accused of being overmedicated - even when they weren't medicated at all. that's just how they looked, all the time. to me it wasn't a drugged face, it was just a face that didn't show emotions the same way others did. feelings just came out looking different. or not at all.

people are just ignorant sometimes.

- rita

• 2 weeks later...

Archived