CrazyBoards.org

Seroquel 300 mg XR Questions - Sedation and Weight Gain

Hi there -

My pdoc is going to try out 300 mg of Seroquel XR for mood stabilization. He told me that it won't be as sedating as the 100 mg I started taking a few days ago. I was curious as to whether or not this contradicts your personal experiences.

Also, today he asked me if my appetite as increased since starting Seroquel. It hasn't. In your personal experience, has your appetite increased with higher dosages? Also, is it just kind of a general appetite increase, or is it more of a simple carbohydrate craving increase? (If it's simple carbohydrates, I'm fucked! ;) )

Yeah, yeah, YMMV. I'm just curious.

Thanks!

I never went above 200mgs, but I had mad carb cravings.

Many people here have said that it gets less sedating at higher doses but I'm not sure what the threshold is. If the plan is to gradually keep increasing, there's a good chance the sedation will get better sooner or later.

Thanks for the reply! ;)

I found out the answer to the sedating question. Ugh. Sleeping for 12 hours or so a day sucks. Here's hoping I don't gain 100 lbs!

I am on 800mg of Seroquel, and I find my appetite is raging. I can't seem to stay full more than two hours (like chinese food...heh) and it's frustrating because I crave sweets and crunchy things.

I know I've gained weight, but I'm too afraid to step on the scale and see how much.

Archived