CrazyBoards.org

bipolar.

I was officially Dx with Bipolar in December, but I've known for a while....lol...sort of like being a lesbian. Though, I came out when I was 18...so I've been out almost 10 years now. I was diagnosed with clinical depression at 20 when I had a really bad time of it.

Anyway, I've lost one really serious relationship because of this fucking disease and it really depresses me. Then I started dating the rebound chick who ran screaming when I told her about the BP because her ex has been BP and treated her like crap. ;)

Anyhow, I find I have no confidence to date because of the BP...and now that I'm living here in the Midwestern US (Indiana) it doesn't seem like my prospects are all that great.

I'm going to be 29 this year and I seem to be the only lesbian who doesn't find the u-haul type girlfriend. I dunno...they like how intense and intelligent i am until they realize i'm like that ALL THE TIME.

I find it a dilemma that I think the only person who can really understand BP is someone with it, and yet, I wonder if a BP x 2 relationship could work??

Anyhow, just anothe queer rapid cycler here, saying hi.

Anyway, I've lost one really serious relationship because of this fucking disease and it really depresses me. Then I started dating the rebound chick who ran screaming when I told her about the BP because her ex has been BP and treated her like crap. ;)

So you've met katy already!

On a somewhat more serious note, you have enough to deal with without having to educate your prospective partner on the concept of "bipolar does not equal abusive" OR trying to keep doctors's visits in synch. There's got to be a U-haul-free grrl looking for someone just like you - it's just a matter of shaking the right nuts out of the local trees.

So you've met katy already!

On a somewhat more serious note, you have enough to deal with without having to educate your prospective partner on the concept of "bipolar does not equal abusive" OR trying to keep doctors's visits in synch. There's got to be a U-haul-free grrl looking for someone just like you - it's just a matter of shaking the right nuts out of the local trees.

LMAO. at shaking the right nuts out of the local trees. You're right on both accords. Unfortunately, the local trees (or bushes, if you will) just went home for summer vacation from IU. Really, I should be a good little PhD student and not get involved in a relationship before I finish my dissertation. But, this loneliness sucks ass. Insomnia is one of my many issues -- as it is for a lot of us -- and I sleep so much better with a girl asleep beside me...*sigh*

my real issue is me, though, I recognize that. my social anxiety makes it tough for me to meet new people and I tend to be quite shy and a little awkward in such situations. Which kind of sucks because if you give me a microphone and a guitar, I can rock out a place, but meeting a girl and talking to her? I'm a moron. I talk about ridiculously boring, geeky things. Which i then replay in my mind over , and over, and over, and over again.

LOL. hm...why am I single again?

Archived