CrazyBoards.org

Hello! Or: a proper introduction...

Sorry, I'm a schmuck. I should have introduced myself properly...

I'm 28/F diagnosed with rapid cycling bipolar I in December, though aware of clinical depression and other mental maladies for over a decade. Currently on Lithium, the wonder salt, and Wellbutrin for OCD. I'm a nomadic type, currently in Indiana, but finishing a PhD from a uni in Colorado. I'm in the midst of writing my dissertation and hope to be done in the next 6 weeks. That's kind of a stressor.

My twin brother is also bipolar, as it turns out, though I don't get to talk to him much.

Books help keep me sane, well, that's relative I guess, and the hope that someday this will get better. I'd love to chat with folks, but the IRC and I couldn't get it together. Hopefully I'll figure that out. I get very little support around mental health (well, in life in general) so I appreciate having found this place.

Glad to be here!

Howdy! Feel free to become addicted to this board, slack off and not finish your dissertation! Wait - don't do that. Tough it out and get it done. What's it on if I may inquire?

What's it on? It's on my nerves. But seriously...

It's on University adaptation and social sustainability, the implications for diversity in US higher education. I just found out tonight that i'll be presenting at a conference in June at Harvard on it...I have mixed feelings about it. It's a nice boost of confidence, but I haven't gotten up in front of a room of academics since November...a lot has happened between now and then. eeek.

Howdy! Feel free to become addicted to this board, slack off and not finish your dissertation! Wait - don't do that. Tough it out and get it done. What's it on if I may inquire?

Nice quote, btw, made me laugh. ;)

Hi! Welcome to the board!

I'm BP also.

Congrats on doing the PhD, it a lot of work so well done on that.

It's good to see new people, here and in chat, so if you want to PM me, I try to help people get onto IRC a lot, if you want a hand?

Hope you stick around for a while!

Luna.

Archived