CrazyBoards.org

just need to rant, sorry...

okay...so, my OCD is essentially being a total b*tch lately. am doing my major compulsion at the drop of a hat, and i am back in a location that used to be incredibly calming! not so for now, it would seem.

i keep trying to increase my meds, which help a lot, but my OCD manifests itself in such a way that I become positive that i have not taken enough food before taking the celexa (i have a sensitive stomach, and one of the focuses of my OCD is fear of throwing up, which meds have made me do in the past).

is the following maybe a trigger? if so: ;)

i proceed to go through withdrawal, have crazy variable levels of SSRIs in the blood stream...which leads to depression, self-injury compulsions. not to mention i get so scared about eating...i want to eat the dinner...but i can't...it could give me food poisoning. *cue more obsessions and compulsions coming out the wazoo*

i'm also developing a new obsessive fear. What I really need is to just knuckle down and practice ERP! (exposure-response prevention). sigh.

sometimes, I just want to turn off my brain. I wonder, really wonder, what it's like in a normal person's brain.

okay...so, my OCD is essentially being a total b*tch lately. am doing my major compulsion at the drop of a hat, and i am back in a location that used to be incredibly calming! not so for now, it would seem.

i keep trying to increase my meds, which help a lot, but my OCD manifests itself in such a way that I become positive that i have not taken enough food before taking the celexa (i have a sensitive stomach, and one of the focuses of my OCD is fear of throwing up, which meds have made me do in the past).

i proceed to go through withdrawal, have crazy variable levels of SSRIs in the blood stream...which leads to depression, self-injury compulsions. not to mention i get so scared about eating...i want to eat the dinner...but i can't...it could give me food poisoning. *cue more obsessions and compulsions coming out the wazoo*

i'm also developing a new obsessive fear. What I really need is to just knuckle down and practice ERP! (exposure-response prevention). sigh.

sometimes, I just want to turn off my brain. I wonder, really wonder, what it's like in a normal person's brain.

Hi. I have found that the SSRIs send me into a tailspin, so I'm off them for good at this point. I'm on Wellbutrin for the OCD, and it's really helped me a lot. Good luck on the ERP.

I've overcome the blow

I've learned to take it well

I only wish my words could just convince myself

That it just wasn't real

But that's not the way it feels

Hi. I have found that the SSRIs send me into a tailspin, so I'm off them for good at this point. I'm on Wellbutrin for the OCD, and it's really helped me a lot. Good luck on the ERP.

I've overcome the blow

I've learned to take it well

I only wish my words could just convince myself

That it just wasn't real

But that's not the way it feels

Thank you! yeah, i think i may talk to my tdoc about wellbutrin.

i keep trying to increase my meds, which help a lot, but my OCD manifests itself in such a way that I become positive that i have not taken enough food before taking the celexa

i proceed to go through withdrawal

Just to clarify, are you saying you avoid taking the higher dose on the days you doubt you've eaten enough? If that's the case, try keeping things around that settle your stomach (ginger, whatever works for you). That way you can remind yourself that remedies exist, which will redirect your worry away from doubting you performed a task in the past, which can be a hard thing to convince the OCD brain. You'll focus instead on future action (taking the remedy if the the pill upsets your stomach). Perhaps this just repositions the obsession, but the clever part is, by that time you'll have already taken your meds, and you'll be less likely to obsess.

Wellbutrin stressed me out, for what it's worth. As with a lot of people, having slightly more NE and DA around was not an answer to the problem of quelling my obsessions.

i keep trying to increase my meds, which help a lot, but my OCD manifests itself in such a way that I become positive that i have not taken enough food before taking the celexa

i proceed to go through withdrawal

Just to clarify, are you saying you avoid taking the higher dose on the days you doubt you've eaten enough? If that's the case, try keeping things around that settle your stomach (ginger, whatever works for you). That way you can remind yourself that remedies exist, which will redirect your worry away from doubting you performed a task in the past, which can be a hard thing to convince the OCD brain. You'll focus instead on future action (taking the remedy if the the pill upsets your stomach). Perhaps this just repositions the obsession, but the clever part is, by that time you'll have already taken your meds, and you'll be less likely to obsess.

Wellbutrin stressed me out, for what it's worth. As with a lot of people, having slightly more NE and DA around was not an answer the problem of quelling my obsessions.

woah..cool..thanks!! i really like that idea!!!

that's interesting. My SO took wellbutrin and it gave him panic attacks.

I've read that Wellbutrin isn't that good for OCD, although there are always exceptions. I'm on Celexa and Anafranil right now, and they're not doing much. The Anafranil helps the panic, but even my panic is higher than I'd like. My OCD is out of control, I mean to the point that I'm barely functional, really. And the sexual side effects of these drugs (along with other side effects) sucks! Today I learned that some believe the sexual side effects can be permanent, and that scares the YELL out of me!!!

I've read that Wellbutrin isn't that good for OCD, although there are always exceptions. I'm on Celexa and Anafranil right now, and they're not doing much. The Anafranil helps the panic, but even my panic is higher than I'd like. My OCD is out of control, I mean to the point that I'm barely functional, really. And the sexual side effects of these drugs (along with other side effects) sucks! Today I learned that some believe the sexual side effects can be permanent, and that scares the YELL out of me!!!

oh, i'm sorry. good luck. are you in cognative behavioral therapy?

Archived