CrazyBoards.org

It's the corollary to the price rule.

If you have to ask, you really need it.

a.m. ;)

p.s. It's a protective feature from evil doers, and recall that we did have a deliberate site attack in the last 8 weeks.

I understand the reason behind it, but I agree with Tenebrae, it's annoying. ;)

Sometimes it seems like it's been more than 2 minutes since I've answered the *last* post, since I've clicked on a new thread and read through it. But I guess not 'cause the computer says it hasn't. :-/

I'll decrease it by a bit.

IIRC, that's actually set how it is because some (likely manic) people were having a contest as to who could post the fastest and it made a mess.

You could also consider writing longer posts and proofreading and stuff.

You could also consider writing longer posts and proofreading and stuff.

What means this word - proofreading?

Kidding.

But writing longer posts wouldn't lessen the time *between* posting... right?

thanks for the incremental decrease.

i totally get the concept for needing flood control, and it makes perfect sense, 120 was just a little long.

especially considering when you'd get the warning there was another 2 min wait, and when you'd check back, invariably it would not have been a full 2 mins yet, so you'd need to wait another 2 mins, and so on ad nauseum. this is what was making me crazy.

as for longer posts, sometimes 2-3 sentences are more than sufficient (especially on the blogs). and it just doesn't take two minutes to type that.

as a curiosity, are flood settings universal, or can they be different for boards vs. blogs?

• 6 months later...

Archived