CrazyBoards.org

"Site hackers aimed to induce seizures"

[link=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24510864/" target="_blank]Site hackers tried to induce seizures[/link]

ohmyfuckinggod some people should never ever be allowed near a computer grrrr.... i'd be right in line for that lawsuit too. how the hell - or why - would anyone ever want to do something like that? what's the payoff? was it funny?

- rita

;):) It's just like the assholes who feed alka seltzer to seagulls to see if they'll explode. (I knew people like that when I was younger) They think it's funny and they just have no conscious. Brainless idiots.

I tend to think the punishment should fit the crime... if they track down the stupid shits who did that they should strap the suckers down and give them a maximum dose of bilateral ECT multiple times without any muscle relaxants and see if they enjoy the experience.

If it kills them, no great loss to society IMO

on a side note... this happened over a month ago. odd that it would take them this long to cover the story.

Actually, I thought it was odd that it came up on here this much later, because I saw something about it when it happened, and nothing about it has come up since, at least anywhere I hang out. I think it was actually on Slashdot last month, even.

Given the amount of stupid cruelty in the world, I'm surprised it took so long for someone to try this. People already commonly target others with emotional instability online. I guess with every mode of interaction, somebody sees a new avenue for hurting someone. I'd include crank-calling a veteran known to have PTSD in this category of "pranks." Maybe among the first written communications someone wrote, "lion nice animal go punch it and see ha ha."

I couldn't agree more, Spuffy. The world is full of cruelty, and people do stuff for no other reason than to amuse themselves, not giving a damn if people or animals suffer for it. I just saw a news report about (another) kid, two years old, whose parents were teaching him to smoke marijuana.

Archived