CrazyBoards.org

2 questions

One - is there *any* way to manually remove Microsoft Office 2003 from my computer? I googled it, but I couldn't find anything. Reason, I got this computer with it already installed, and it won't update because there's something missing that requires the disc - I don't have the disc. I tried uninstalling it - same thing. Now it won't work. I tried - what is that called? going back on Windows? I can't think of the word... and Office still doesn't work. Now I get an error that states Office isn't installed (but it's still taking up all the memory on my computer, and it's still in my programs folder). I tried just deleting it, but it won't do that either - access denied. (stupid, I know, but I was desperate).

Two - failing removing Office from my computer, can I find a "rescue disc" cheap and just start from scratch? I can download everything I use pretty much for free, and all of my files - documents, spreadsheets, etc... can be saved to thumb drives for now.

Any help at all would be great. Office is taking up too much room on my hard drive for not working, and I like Open Office for a substitute (and it's free too)

[link=http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011401771033.aspx" target="_blank]Does this work[/link] (you need to have administrator privileges)?

According to that page, it's to delete all of the offices leading up to MS 2003. I saw in my search, but didn't try it. I guess I'll give it a shot. At this point, it can't hurt. ;)

Archived