CrazyBoards.org

Lately, I have no motivation to do anything. My laundry is piling up, my house needs cleaned. Even taking a shower and brushing my teeth take alot of effort. I just want to sit on the couch all day and do nothing, except sleep. Im so tired all the time. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get. My husband and I are having a rough patch because we are not having sex, and I don't really care right now. Plus, Im not showing him love and attention like he needs. I just don't have the, what's the word Im looking for, will, energy, whatever, to do it. I just don't care right now. I don't want a divorce or anything, I do love him, I just don't have the motivation for anything. I don't see my pdoc until the 15th, but I see my tdoc on Tuesday. I had been doing so well. I haven't been on an antidepressant for months. I hope I don't need one again. Thanks for listening and for any feedback you can give me.

I totally feel for you. I've been on an upward swing...up enough to start watching out for that direction, too. But I have spent a lot of time where you are and still some time now. I use all my energy to go to work where I'm hypo, then I come home and do nothing. I hate cleaning my house, doing laundry, and taking a shower. Fortunately it is just me, my housemate who has the downstairs, and my cats.

Definitely see your tdoc and then your pdoc. I'd like to say you don't need an AD again, but since I have no degree, I can't say either way. But don't let yourself suffer just to stay off meds.

I hope you feel better.

Oreo ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I notice you guys are on thyroid medications. I have always thought I have had a thyroid issue because I tend to always be cold and tired. My TSH test at my family doctor is always normal. Were your TSH tests abnormal?

Thanks for any info, Dennis

My thyroid tests were way off to begin with. Then better with treatment. Then lithium killed my thyroid function even more. My tests were way off again. I get checked regularly.

But to tell you the truth, with the bipolar moods, I never noticed an improvement coinciding with an increase in thyroid medication, except for my hair getting better at one point.

Oreo

Archived